Tips for flying with cigars, cutter, and lighter - Page 2 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 27 Old 07-27-2017, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Thanks for everyone's responses, hopefully it runs smooth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 Old 07-27-2017, 07:59 PM
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDom58 View Post
I can second this, I cam back from a week in Punta Cana, DR and took a dozen or so cigars, a couple of Bic lighters, and a cheap cutter (to play it safe) in my carry-on luggage and I had no problems leaving or returning.
you actually smuggled cigars in DR???
post #13 of 27 Old 07-28-2017, 10:31 AM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLsmoker View Post
you actually smuggled cigars in DR???
LOL had to, there were fakes of every brand being sold everywhere, it was so bad thee were fakes of fakes being sold!!

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle" - George Burns

post #14 of 27 Old 07-28-2017, 10:54 AM
Smoking Volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDom58 View Post
LOL had to, there were fakes of every brand being sold everywhere, it was so bad thee were fakes of fakes being sold!!

The DR is the worst place I've ever been for fake cigars. I understand fake Cubans, but they were selling fake Fuentes.

I always take my own cigars into the DR as well.
curmudgeonista and Steve C. like this.

Out of the blue and into the black.
post #15 of 27 Old 08-06-2017, 02:07 PM
Young Puffer Fish

Send a message via Yahoo to Ironmeden
If you haven't left for your trip, I highly recommend the Colibri lighter case. I use it on my trips and have never had a problem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #16 of 27 Old 08-06-2017, 06:04 PM
Young Puffer Fish

The key is never bring anything you are not willing to lose. If pick up a lighter or cutter while you're away and you don't want to chance it getting confiscated then it mail it back home.

I travel for business 6-12 times a year. So far I never had an issue with the punch on my key chain or the cheap guillotine cutter in my carry on. On domestic flights, I have carried on soft flame "Bic" lighters without issue for last few years. I also take a few packs of matches. The only time I had issues with the matches in the past 5 years is returning from China. They also had issue with my cutter but let me keep it for some reason.

I also think that keeping the cutter and lighter in my traveldor helps give the TSA agents some context to why I'm carrying something that they may deem suspect. Whatever you do don't argue if they want you to toss something.
post #17 of 27 Old 08-07-2017, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Lost my cutter in the process of TSA but everything else ran smooth. Brought a cheap lighter and returned home with some goodies. Losing my cutter just gives me an excuse to buy a new one without my girlfriend complaining too much. Thanks for the tips everyone
UBC03 likes this.
post #18 of 27 Old 09-28-2017, 07:57 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

I'm traveling to Arizona next month and I'm bringing my golf clubs. Anyone travel with a golf bag? I was planning on sticking all of my gar gear in the bag. Torch, cutter and gars.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips"
post #19 of 27 Old 09-28-2017, 10:16 AM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by choquehunt View Post
Lost my cutter in the process of TSA but everything else ran smooth. Brought a cheap lighter and returned home with some goodies. Losing my cutter just gives me an excuse to buy a new one without my girlfriend complaining too much. Thanks for the tips everyone
Did you have the cutter on your carry on? Or checked bag?

Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Til' your good is better and your better is best.
post #20 of 27 Old 09-28-2017, 12:49 PM
Young Fish

For me, cigars go in my carry on bag, cutter in my checked bag, and Ill either bring matches or get a cheapo lighter at my destination. Id get a cheap $5 cutter and leave the expensive one at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page