Thrifty Thursday - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 1750Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 660 Old 03-08-2018, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Thrifty Thursday

I want to start this thread just for cigar fun and entertainment, to support this great community of friends that come together to discuss cigars. 4 other days already have their own topics, and we see and discover a lot of great cigars by sharing this way.
So let's see how thrifty (cheap) everyone is when they're not posting a $30 Padron or Opus X. Those cheapo's you might be embarrassed to to post after someone posts a boutique stick you've never heard of. Give a brief comedic description of it and how many shillings it set you back. Many times throughout the history of cigars people in hard times sought out the diamond in the rough, we might even find some here. Periodically I'll pick out a funny comment and send that person a cheapo sampler of smokes to enjoy. Have fun and always mind Puff community rules. Let's keep this around $3.50/stick and below category.

I'll start it off with a Carolina maduro torpedo for thrifty Thursday. Made of medium filler from trimmings of other smokes at Carolina Cigar company. Their not bad after drying out if they're fresh. Nice light/med earth, leather, and chocolate in the first 2/3 can quickly turn into barn fire and gramp's ashtray in the last third if they're too fresh and get too hot. I commonly find them at small PA B&Ms next to the Cuban Rejects for around 189 pence. Good for the price at proper RH.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

'I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form' -Winston Churchil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 660 Old 03-08-2018, 05:45 PM
AKA Vader Clause

I like it !

Sent from Tatooine, watching pod races.

I am not dying until I am damn good and ready.
post #3 of 660 Old 03-08-2018, 05:54 PM
Young Pooper Fish

Everyday is Thrifty Thursday for me!
Navistar, csk415, mpomario and 7 others like this.

Sledge-O-Matic removes unwanted fingerprints from walls. Sledge-O-Matic also removes unwanted walls from fingerprints. - Gallagher

Last edited by bellts; 03-08-2018 at 06:29 PM.

post #4 of 660 Old 03-08-2018, 06:03 PM
Site Moderator

I'm down! I'll be smoking budget-gars on Thrifty Thursday.
post #5 of 660 Old 03-08-2018, 06:06 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith1986 View Post
I want to start this thread just for cigar fun and entertainment, to support this great community of friends that come together to discuss cigars. 4 other days already have their own topics, and we see and discover a lot of great cigars by sharing this way.
So let's see how thrifty (cheap) everyone is when they're not posting a $30 Padron or Opus X. Those cheapo's you might be embarrassed to to post after someone posts a boutique stick you've never heard of. Give a brief comedic description of it and how many shillings it set you back. Many times throughout the history of cigars people in hard times sought out the diamond in the rough, we might even find some here. Periodically I'll pick out a funny comment and send that person a cheapo sampler of smokes to enjoy. Have fun and always mind Puff community rules. Let's keep this around $3.50/stick and below category.

I'll start it off with a Carolina maduro torpedo for thrifty Thursday. Made of medium filler from trimmings of other smokes at Carolina Cigar company. Their not bad after drying out if they're fresh. Nice light/med earth, leather, and chocolate in the first 2/3 can quickly turn into barn fire and gramp's ashtray in the last third if they're too fresh and get too hot. I commonly find them at small PA B&Ms next to the Cuban Rejects for around 189 pence. Good for the price at proper RH.

Hell can we at max make it 5 bucks other than that hell you guys are already discriminating against my dyslexia in math geez give a poor sap a break

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #6 of 660 Old 03-08-2018, 06:13 PM
H.R. Pufnstuf

Oh.....you done didi it now.......Thrifty Thursday all around.....!!! You speaka my language!!!
Attached Images

....that's almost like flying on a plane with one wing. ~Cigary
post #7 of 660 Old 03-08-2018, 06:36 PM
Just monkeyin' around!

How's this for thrifty? All of $1.20 worth of thrifty!

It's the F.X. Smith's Sons "Smith Breva" natural, a machine-made perfecto rolled with all US grown tobacco (CT broadleaf wrapper and PA broadleaf filler). @msmith1986 hisseff put me onto these (curse his soul). He claims no family relation, but a Smith is a Smith, and the clan just got $1.20 richer thanks to him!

Pros:
  • CHEAP
  • Costs $1.20
  • All US tobacco
  • Tightly rolled
  • No bands
  • Comes in boxes of 50
  • CHEAP
Cons:
  • CHEAP
  • Costs $1.20
  • All US tobacco
  • Tightly rolled
  • No bands
  • Comes in boxes of 50
  • CHEAP
Here's a photo to prove how far down I smoked this one...

Thrifty Thursday-smith-3-08-18.jpg

Seriously, though, not the worst yard-gar I've ever smoked. Perfectly acceptable for keeping busy hands even busier... if you can get them to draw. They truly are waaaaay overfilled. Without my trusty Modus II Cigar Tool they'd be completely unsmokeable (had to get my product placement plug in too)...

Thrifty Thursday-p1030303.jpg

Thrifty Thursday-smith-box.jpg

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain
post #8 of 660 Old 03-08-2018, 06:51 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Aw yous guys are not trying hard enough, how about this Villager La Capiana 6x50 long filler, hand rolled and a whole 100 cents each, actually not a bad smoke, iv had a lot worse for a lot more.
Keep an eye on JR for sales on them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1881.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	474.0 KB
ID:	190634  

I gently bent one each into my nostrils, then put the remaining one in my mouf. --droy1958
post #9 of 660 Old 03-08-2018, 08:25 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

This is right up my alley. Tonight's $3 holler is a punch london club
post #10 of 660 Old 03-08-2018, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrolland5500 View Post
Hell can we at max make it 5 bucks other than that hell you guys are already discriminating against my dyslexia in math geez give a poor sap a break

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
We can do $5 bro. #HellYeah

'I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form' -Winston Churchil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page