165Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 68 Old 08-20-2019, 01:12 PM
AKA Vader Clause

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOANER View Post
Whole lot of pandering going around....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
This is the type of stuff that is not helping, seriously I thought this was a cigar forum not a daycare.
Rondo, UBC03, poppajon75 and 3 others like this.

I am not dying until I am damn good and ready.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 68 Old 08-20-2019, 01:23 PM
Just monkeyin' around!

@SLOANER bought himself a 30-day suspension. And just so you'll know, the panda meme "resistance" began late last night with a thread by @Sine_Qua_Non, who will also enjoy a 30-day vacation from Puff.

Moderators have tried to be patient, explain the basis for @TexaSmoke's departure every which way we could, and try to let this blow over without handing out suspensions where they were well deserved. But enough is enough.

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain
post #13 of 68 Old 08-20-2019, 01:44 PM
Just monkeyin' around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dran View Post
Years ago there was a mass Exodus from this board, and from what I understand, it barely survived. Like a pheonix it rose from the ashes and became a great place again.
Everyone also please be aware that @Dran misinterprets what happened. He wasn't here. I was. The "mass exodus" was a result of the very same sort of childishness that's been going on lately. The forum "barely survived" because the original owner passed away and his widow was unprepared to manage the forum (including failing to keep the bills paid).

It was eventually acquired by our current site owners, with new moderators installed at that time. The "phoenix" that "rose from the ashes" is a direct result of the guidance of those moderators and their efforts to bring civility & decorum back to the forum, continued in exactly the same spirit by those who've been added to the team over time.

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain

post #14 of 68 Old 08-20-2019, 01:49 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

are we men who smoke cigars or girls crying onto our skirts? I dunno what happened and I don't care but I can tell u in the time that I've been here the moderators have been firm but fair and whatever attempt at anarchy this is....well it ain't thought out and appears to be an emotional response to some type of teenage girl drama so knock it off....some good botl just got suspended for not respecting this sites policies. and for what? I've never seen anything like this on puff and it would be nice if this is the last time. we're here to share in our love of the leaf...not have hissy fits over who cares what...hopefully it all gets sorted without any further suspensions...sorry but this one turned my stomach....this ain't the place for these shenanigans
post #15 of 68 Old 08-20-2019, 01:56 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

We all know the internet's an easy place for things to get overheated, but it happens sometimes anyway. For my part, the banned person, the temporarily suspended folks, and the moderators have all treated me wonderfully in my time here, and as long as any of them are still here, I'll be here to learn from them, ask questions, and shoot the sh*t. I continue to hate that any of this has gone down, but for me at least, this place is bigger than any individual. (Unless you all leave--then I guess I'll just start posting questions and answering them myself for the fun of it.)

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” --J.R.R. Tolkien
post #16 of 68 Old 08-20-2019, 02:02 PM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_21 View Post
My two cents here...a lot of these guys you're losing are past the Tyson thing. In talking to all or most of them is about open scolding, power trips, and passive agressive mod activity behind closed doors when maybe a few PMs could work things out.
This place has become a lot less fun to hang around. It seems too tightly wound and in my opinion seems to stems from a few certain people.
The reason I haven't logged out myself yet is because there's a few solid guys on here I don't have contact with outside of here and I enjoy engaging with that handful of individuals.
I'm getting pushed to that brink though.
We all know there are other cigar and pipe forums and other means of communicating.
If anyone here wants my contact info shoot me a PM...I don't know if I'll be as active in the coming days...not that I was overly active to begin with. A lot of those guys are dropping Puff and going elsewhere as well.
Anyways...my $.02 as respectfully as I could put it.

And just a side note. The panda thing has nothing to do with Tyson...it was an inside joke among a bunch of friends. All who are now friends, brothers, because of this place.
If you're talking about the mods mentioning members in the mod discussions section.

1) it's to make members aware that they have done something to bring them to the attention of the mods , we're trying to avoid suspensions. The people that were mentioned were involved in keeping the argument going when it would die down. Some directly disrespected mods. I know because it was me that was directly disrespected I bite my tongue, don't want to see people get suspended. But it takes alot.

2) we all know how PMs , as of late, devolve rapidly into an argument rather than actual discussions like it used to be.

3) Tyson was literally mentioned by name in the panda thread.

I'm not doing this to fire ya up, but I just wanted to explain my point of view. Just mine not the mod team.

I don't want to see anyone else go... period

Yunz guys are all buddies of mine, this is rough. But this is ruining the forum for an even larger group of our buddies. I've gotten enough PMs from FOGs to know it's not just me that is over this whole thing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Matt_21, Kidvegas and JtAv8tor like this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #17 of 68 Old 08-20-2019, 02:05 PM
No longer a community member.

Thanks Dino for addressing it/me directly.
Very much appreciated.
I've always had tonnes of respect for you and how you handle things. I consider you a buddy as well.
Just needed to type out what was in my head.
JtAv8tor, Hickorynut and jmt8706 like this.
post #18 of 68 Old 08-20-2019, 02:17 PM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_21 View Post
Thanks Dino for addressing it/me directly.

Very much appreciated.

I've always had tonnes of respect for you and how you handle things. I consider you a buddy as well.

Just needed to type out what was in my head.
Understandable.. as did I..

I'm just tired of all this infighting. We're all here for the same reason... TO RELAX
Mod or member we have that in common.

Hopefully sooner than later we can get back to that.

This all started because a buddy of mine said some stuff that even I couldn't defend. Yunz know I try to find the good in just about everything. I take blame when blame is deserved. But the crap I'm getting in PM and open forum isn't deserved.

How many people have you seen banned since you've been here, how many since this started. Probably triple.. at least.

That's how bad things have gotten. To some it's past the point of discussing things like WE are. It's down to insulting PMs and open insults in public.

Thanks for having the first decent conversation I've had in weeks

Matt_21 likes this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #19 of 68 Old 08-20-2019, 02:20 PM
No longer a community member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBC03 View Post
Understandable.. as did I..

I'm just tired of all this infighting. We're all here for the same reason... TO RELAX
Mod or member we have that in common.

Hopefully sooner than later we can get back to that.

This all started because a buddy of mine said some stuff that even I couldn't defend. Yunz know I try to find the good in just about everything. I take blame when blame is deserved. But the crap I'm getting in PM and open forum isn't deserved.

How many people have you seen banned since you've been here, how many since this started. Probably triple.. at least.

That's how bad things have gotten. To some it's past the point of discussing things like WE are. It's down to insulting PMs and open insults in public.

Thanks for having the first decent conversation I've had in weeks

No problem at all brother. That's all I've been looking for. Respectful and transparent conversation.
You're one of the good ones Dino. (People in general not anything specific)
UBC03 and JtAv8tor like this.
post #20 of 68 Old 08-20-2019, 02:26 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

The OP here comparing mods to mass murderers and purveyors of genocide is pathetic and disgusting. At this point, anyone still perpetuating an "uprising" against the mods is just venting their own anger and authority issues. This really isn't the place to work out long-standing issues with your parents. Maybe seeking out a good psychotherapist would be more productive.
To think that some of these people are parents is an embarrassment.
Honestly, if your own child hates you enough to seek out living with someone else, maybe the issue isn't the child.

Go Ducks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page