Viva la resistance! - Page 5 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 165Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 68 Old 08-20-2019, 03:30 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey's Ghost View Post
The OP here comparing mods to mass murderers and purveyors of genocide is pathetic and disgusting. At this point, anyone still perpetuating an "uprising" against the mods is just venting their own anger and authority issues. This really isn't the place to work out long-standing issues with your parents. Maybe seeking out a good psychotherapist would be more productive.
To think that some of these people are parents is an embarrassment.
Honestly, if your own child hates you enough to seek out living with someone else, maybe the issue isn't the child.
Ooof - no need to bring a dude's family into this.

#panda

GO BLUE!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 68 Old 08-20-2019, 03:31 PM
Cheap and Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by akpreacherplayz View Post
It is easy for one side to seem right when they have the power to silence others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only silencing that's been done is when there's a clear violation of the said terms of agreement and forum rules everyone accepted during the creation of their account.
If you'd like to discuss that further, please PM me.
curmudgeonista likes this.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.Ē
-Abraham Lincoln
post #43 of 68 Old 08-20-2019, 03:33 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
The OP here comparing mods to mass murderers and purveyors of genocide is pathetic and disgusting. At this point, anyone still perpetuating an "uprising" against the mods is just venting their own anger and authority issues. This really isn't the place to work out long-standing issues with your parents. Maybe seeking out a good psychotherapist would be more productive.
To think that some of these people are parents is an embarrassment.
Honestly, if your own child hates you enough to seek out living with someone else, maybe the issue isn't the child.

I have no respect for you after this post. You're talking about people as parents when you know nothing other then what you see on a stupid ass forum bro. None of this is real life.

FEAR THE BEAR

post #44 of 68 Old 08-20-2019, 03:35 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppajon75 View Post
The only silencing that's been done is when there's a clear violation of the said terms of agreement and forum rules everyone accepted during the creation of their account.
If you'd like to discuss that further, please PM me.

What about the personal attack Humphreys ghost just made on this thread. Is mentioning people as bad parents not personal?? I dont see his post being edited or removed and I highly doubt he even gets a warning because his heads up the mods asses. I've been on here a really long time and I doubt itll last much longer......

FEAR THE BEAR
post #45 of 68 Old 08-20-2019, 03:40 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Da Masta View Post
What about the personal attack Humphreys ghost just made on this thread. Is mentioning people as bad parents not personal?? I dont see his post being edited or removed and I highly doubt he even gets a warning because his heads up the mods asses. I've been on here a really long time and I doubt itll last much longer......
If I was out of line then I have no doubt that I will be called on it, as I have been before.
Again, I didn't pull his family onto this board. He brought the issue here for open discussion. I responded to it.
It wasn't an attack, but an attempt to get him to look at another perspective.

Go Ducks!
post #46 of 68 Old 08-20-2019, 03:52 PM
AKA Vader Clause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Da Masta View Post
I have no respect for you after this post. You're talking about people as parents when you know nothing other then what you see on a stupid ass forum bro. None of this is real life.
Then you should also have just as much disrespect for the OP as well I am assuming as of the comparisons he made?
Kidvegas likes this.

I am not dying until I am damn good and ready.
post #47 of 68 Old 08-20-2019, 04:09 PM
Cheap and Cheerful

Let's keep things civil. This thread remains as an effort to let things die a natural death.
This is the warning in open forum. The mods take no pleasure in reprimanding any of you contrary to what some believe. We've all had interactions with each other in one form or another on PUFF. I believe Dino made it clear that it needs to stop.
UBC03 and Bigjohn like this.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.Ē
-Abraham Lincoln
post #48 of 68 Old 08-20-2019, 04:14 PM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Quote:
If I was out of line then I have no doubt that I will be called on it, as I have been before.
Again, I didn't pull his family onto this board. He brought the issue here for open discussion. I responded to it.
It wasn't an attack, but an attempt to get him to look at another perspective.

Let me get this straight. Questioning a person on their parenting skills and blaming them for why their child wants to leave without knowing the full story is not a personal attack. So a member here can not open up about personal things going on in there lives without worry? The key word in all of this ďpersonalĒ.

I opened up about my own issues in life when my daughter passed and now I have to worry about having the personal things I shared used as ammo when something I posted offended somebody.
@Dran said what he wanted to say knowing what would happen. Good for him for standing up for what he believes is right even if it didnít sit well with others.

Over my time here many others have offered their opinions and feelings knowing this was (and I say WAS) a place where they could confidently share them without ridicule. Itís ok to to agree to disagree.

The biggest issue here is the fact that your post is left sitting out there for all see and someone like @Matt_21 has a questioning but respectful post get deleted. I have noticed favorites over the years and this looks to be one of those cases.

Either way you taking it to a personal level is lowest of the low in my book. Respect people when they share personal matters. Donít use it as ammo when that person pisses you off.

Natefiet likes this.

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I am not too sure?
post #49 of 68 Old 08-20-2019, 04:16 PM
Smoking Volunteer

If youíre really interested in cigar board drama, try to look up some of the old posts from the time that Club Stogie became Puff.

I bet that there are only a handful here who remember that fiasco.

Enjoy your day gentlemen, and try a fine cigar this evening. Thatís certainly my plan.
Cigary, Rondo, UBC03 and 5 others like this.

Out of the blue and into the black.
post #50 of 68 Old 08-20-2019, 04:18 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanzaVerde View Post
Let me get this straight. Questioning a person on their parenting skills and blaming them for why their child wants to leave without knowing the full story is not a personal attack. So a member here can not open up about personal things going on in there lives without worry? The key word in all of this ďpersonalĒ.

I opened up about my own issues in life when my daughter passed and now I have to worry about having the personal things I shared used as ammo when something I posted offended somebody.
@Dran said what he wanted to say knowing what would happen. Good for him for standing up for what he believes is right even if it didnít sit well with others.

Over my time here many others have offered their opinions and feelings knowing this was (and I say WAS) a place where they could confidently share them without ridicule. Itís ok to to agree to disagree.

The biggest issue here is the fact that your post is left sitting out there for all see and someone like @Matt_21 has a questioning but respectful post get deleted. I have noticed favorites over the years and this looks to be one of those cases.

Either way you taking it to a personal level is lowest of the low in my book. Respect people when they share personal matters. Donít use it as ammo when that person pisses you off.

Thank you..... a more eloquent way of describing my thoughts on this

FEAR THE BEAR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page