Viva la resistance! - Page 6 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 165Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2019, 04:19 PM
Site Moderator

It seems like some of you are under the impression that one of the Mods had a vendetta against Tyson. Just so we are all clear, I banned Tyson. Me. Not Jack. Not Gary. Not Dino. Not Jon. Not Casey. I didn't discuss it with them. Tyson said he was taking his ball and going home at the same time as disrespecting Mods. I banned him. I deleted his posts. End of story. Get over it.

He broke rule #3, and had run-ins with the mods in the past. It was the straw that broke the camels back. Whats done is done. Grab a cigar, your favorite beverage, and chill.
curmudgeonista and Kidvegas like this.

"If at first you don't succeed...quit trying and just wing it...." @UBC03
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2019, 04:26 PM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Everyone needs to take a big step back. as someone who spent years moderating and eventually administering a once-popular form that died I want to tell you what we risk losing. I hate to see people forming camps and going after each other regardless of the reason.

Very few forums survived the onslaught of social media such as Facebook. To have a thriving Community here and on top of that such a great assemblage of generous knowledgeable people is rare. Everyone that has gotten to participate in it should be working to protect it.

Forums have never been democracies and there are no bills of Rights. I've been out of the loop but regardless there are right ways to handle things if you actually care about the place. I am sad that many on both sides seem willing to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

random capitalization courtesy of gboard
Cigary, UBC03, poppajon75 and 3 others like this.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:37 PM
Just monkeyin' around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Da Masta View Post
What about the personal attack Humphreys ghost just made on this thread. Is mentioning people as bad parents not personal?? I dont see his post being edited or removed and I highly doubt he even gets a warning because his heads up the mods asses. I've been on here a really long time and I doubt itll last much longer......
Did I miss something? Who did he attack? All I could see is that he made a blanket statement that one might or might not apply to oneself. Your choice whether you think the shoe fits or not. Hyperbole, perhaps. But I'm a parent and I took no offense. Quite the contrary; it made me think about how little this row means to my real life, which I believe was his intention. (Noting also, that much of the ire is directed at me in the form of quite personal attacks - If you don't believe it, or think the veiled references don't count, I could show you some rather unwholesome PM's I've received that will substantiate it quite clearly). It seems to me a lot of folks are looking for something to be offended by. You see that a lot in real life these days too... but it's usually no more compelling there than here.

Anyway, if it makes you happy...

@Humphrey's Ghost please refrain from using parenting as a general analogy or basis for any childish behavior displayed on this thread. Consider your hand slapped.

-AND-

@Deuce Da Masta please refrain from making personal attacks on individuals such as your accusatory statement "his heads up the mods asses". Consider your hand slapped.
UBC03 likes this.

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain

Last edited by curmudgeonista; 08-20-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Old 08-20-2019, 04:46 PM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Viva la resistance!

This shit is getting old too. You know exactly what HG was referring to when he spoke of Drans post @curmudgeonista. That was not a blanket statement and those of us who have been here long enough to know Dran really know what that post was about. You know it too whether you want to admit it or not. The blind eye to those who have their “heads up the mods ass” and then the sarcasm when the blind eye is called out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Peapaw likes this.

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I am not too sure?
Old 08-20-2019, 04:53 PM
Just monkeyin' around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanzaVerde View Post
This shit is getting old too. You know exactly what HG was referring to when he spoke of Drans post @curmudgeonista. That was not a blanket statement and those of us who have been here long enough to know Dran really know what that post was about. You know it too whether you want to admit it or not. The blind eye to those who have their “heads up the mods ass” and then the sarcasm when the blind eye is called out.

No, I have no idea what you mean. Is Dran known for being a bad parent or something? News to me. But then, we were never that close and I sort of let personal stuff like that slide in one eye and out the other. I'm here for the love of cigars; no real interest in most member's personal lives outside of that context.

EDIT: Nevertheless, the admonishment still applies either way.

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain

Last edited by curmudgeonista; 08-20-2019 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:00 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

This is going to continue on the downward spiral and snowballing out of control until everyone stops talking about it. I will do my part and not make a single post on this topic going forward, hope everyone else does the same. Move on folks, no need to continue arguing. Lick your wounds if you feel you got hurt and MOVE ON. Every post in this thread or on this topic, good or bad, contributes to the problem. Stop talking about it. Smoke cigars, post pictures about what you smoke, ask about the proper way of seasoning your humidor, and post pictures asking if this is plume or mold (probably plume )

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:02 PM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanzaVerde View Post

You know I ain't gonna lie to ya... I have no idea what your talking about..

If he did mention family issues and HG used that to purposely insult him, then that was wrong. Very wrong, we share alot of stuff around here that we don't tell others and it shouldn't be used against us for shock value.

The problem is that we'd never prove it. Unless he said that was the reason for his comment. He's denied it, so there's not much we can do..Contrary to recent sentiment we can't and won't go off of assumptions..

As far as favorites or buddies. Me and Tyson pmd ALOT. Same with dran. Not just forum crap, real life stuff. They're both banned, so explain to me how that shows the favoritism around here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
Old 08-20-2019, 05:07 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeonista View Post
No, I have no idea what you mean. Is Dran known for being a bad parent or something? News to me. But then, we were never that close and I sort of let personal stuff like that side in one eye and out the other. I'm here for the love of cigars; no real interest in most member's personal lives outside of that context.

EDIT: Nevertheless, the admonishment still applies either way.

He knew what he meant by it just like I knew what I meant with what I said, except I will stand behind my statement....

FEAR THE BEAR
Old 08-20-2019, 05:10 PM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Da Masta View Post
He knew what he meant by it just like I knew what I meant with what I said, except I will stand behind my statement....
It appeared to me he was talking to Matt.. I'm sure to everyone else, that didn't know or remember anything about dran and family issues, it appeared the same.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
Old 08-20-2019, 05:28 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

So it wasn't a personal attack, just a generalized statement saying that when a person who is supposed to follow the rules of the people that make the rules doesn't want to follow those rules anymore and leaves that the fault should be placed on the person who made the rules? This is getting confusing. That means that it's either an attack on Dran or an attack on the mods. Which was it?

One great big festering neon distraction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in