Upgrade suggestions - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 09-28-2019, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Upgrade suggestions

Well Iíve hit that point that everyone loves to have a problem of again... Iím out of room.

Starting to look for some bigger cabinet style ideas, that I can consolidate into. Any suggestions youíve tried? Any Ďhard passí ones?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 09-28-2019, 06:08 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bos1600 View Post
Well Iíve hit that point that everyone loves to have a problem of again... Iím out of room.

Starting to look for some bigger cabinet style ideas, that I can consolidate into. Any suggestions youíve tried? Any Ďhard passí ones?

I converted a large scale wine fridge for cigars. I ďshouldnítĒ run out of room again. It was a bit of work, required custom shelving and a small fortune in humidity beads, but it sure does the job.
OneStrangeOne and Bos1600 like this.
post #3 of 21 Old 09-28-2019, 08:59 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

I would definitely buy a cooler. My Whytner 251s with all drawers holds a ton but, I still have two wood Humidors and two tuppers full.
UBC03, BOSSTANK and Bos1600 like this.

US Army Veteran 1974-1985

post #4 of 21 Old 09-28-2019, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olecharlie View Post
I would definitely buy a cooler. My Whytner 251s with all drawers holds a ton but, I still have two wood Humidors and two tuppers full.

Thatís a Whynter on the far right... I think I may just go for one big cabinet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 21 Old 09-28-2019, 09:52 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Thatís a Whynter on the far right... I think I may just go for one big cabinet

Gottcha, coolers are the way to go IMHO.
Bos1600 likes this.

US Army Veteran 1974-1985
post #6 of 21 Old 09-30-2019, 04:24 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Quote:

*cough* https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/gener...dor-build.html
Wheels Up and Bos1600 like this.
post #7 of 21 Old 09-30-2019, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukoner View Post

Ha. Yeah you did a great job... Iím in the middle of setting up a lounge now, so Iím just trying to grab something someone doesnít want anymore to use at home.

Iíve read through your build before

post #8 of 21 Old 09-30-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Ha. Yeah you did a great job... Iím in the middle of setting up a lounge now, so Iím just trying to grab something someone doesnít want anymore to use at home.

Iíve read through your build before
lol, I wasn't trying to show off or anything, just trying to point you in the storage direction you need to go in

In all seriousness tho, if you go with a cabinet, the good ones are pretty expensive and you can easily convert a closet for a very similar price. The cheaper Chinese-made ones are OK, but you'll need to do some work on them as well (I have another thread about sealing up my cabinet). The only other answer is a coolerdor / chest freezer that's not plugged in. Those work quite well if you don't care too much about the aesthetics of it.
Bos1600 likes this.
post #9 of 21 Old 10-02-2019, 03:34 AM
Full grown Puffer Fish

Buy a cooler and spend the rest on cigars just save some money to buy another cooler when you run into that problem again
Bos1600 likes this.
post #10 of 21 Old 10-02-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastcrxsi90 View Post
Buy a cooler and spend the rest on cigars just save some money to buy another cooler when you run into that problem again
So I've seen this statement fairly often over the years here at Puff. I don't inherently disagree, but I will say that some (perhaps many) of us do care about the aesthetics of our collections. Personally, having my collection nicely sorted, on display, and being able to go into my humidor and "peruse" all my cigars is something I enjoy doing. I also enjoy when a friend comes over and we spend a few min in there deciding what to take out.

Is that personal enjoyment a justification for the cost of setting up something that's, aesthetically, "nicer" than a cooler ? There's no right or wrong answer to that question, as it's completely subjective and up to the individual. For me, the answer was yes, the cost was justified and I'd do it all over again if I had the choice. In fact, I'd do it a lot sooner so I could have saved $$$ on those cabinets and end-tables I bought. For some, who don't care about the aesthetics of storage and just care that their sticks are being stored properly, yes, absolutely a cooler can work.
huffer33, Royal27 and Bos1600 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page