FREE BOUTIQUE SBC CIGAR SAMPLER (Strings Attached ;)) - Page 3 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 117 Old 11-08-2019, 12:27 AM
Young Puffer Fish

In to help with 1 coin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 117 Old 11-08-2019, 09:52 AM
Full grown Puffer Fish

Wow, people are advertising these on ebay, pre sale of course, for $500-2000. Is it because of the low mintage, or because these are not offered normally?

As I've said before, free money scams are a problem.
-Matthew Lesko
post #23 of 117 Old 11-08-2019, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobP View Post
Wow, people are advertising these on ebay, pre sale of course, for $500-2000. Is it because of the low mintage, or because these are not offered normally?

This happens with every new release, trying to hype it up. I can list my gym shirt on eBay for $500, doesn’t mean I will get it. That said, some coins do better than others but only time will show. I’d seen hype turn into nothing with pricing leveling off to release price as soon as everyone had theirs in hand. I’d seen prices drop to well below release. I’d also seen them stay higher than release price. It’s always a crystal ball guess. eBay is a whole different discussion though, between 15% selling fees, being on the hook for $$ for up to 6 months, them always taking buyers’ side, and the hoops sellers have to jump through, it’s PITA deserving its own thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

post #24 of 117 Old 11-08-2019, 12:21 PM
Full grown Puffer Fish

I was using ebay as an example. Again, just an example, some dealers are already offering $500 for a coin. It is certainly worth the risk. I subscribe to the theory that silver will eventually go north of $50 ounce someday, so I wouldn't consider this a risk in a way. I think you are definitely onto something here with this low minted coin the more I research it. I am sure it will pay back very well. Not trying to crap on your thread in any way, I usually just purchase bullion and junk. This definitely peaked my interest. Thank you.

As I've said before, free money scams are a problem.
-Matthew Lesko
post #25 of 117 Old 11-08-2019, 12:56 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjohn View Post
Awesome sauce! I will send out some tips on making this quicker and easier as we get closer. I will also send out regular reminders, including the morning of. The key will be to sign up for the US mint account ahead of time, which takes like 30 seconds. Populate and save your billing and shipping information, as well as your credit card, which will take a couple more minutes. On the morning of the release, login a few minutes ahead of time, be on the product page, hit refresh exactly at 12:00:00 eastern, and complete checkout process within seconds. It’s quite simple, just comes down to precision and timing.

I will do my best on time and timing, I am still working full time and have no idea what situation I will be dealing with at that moment. If it is at all possible I will be available.

US Army Veteran 1974-1985
post #26 of 117 Old 11-08-2019, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olecharlie View Post
I will do my best on time and timing, I am still working full time and have no idea what situation I will be dealing with at that moment. If it is at all possible I will be available.

Really appreciate the help! I also work during that time so I understand. I usually set a reminder on my phone 5 minutes before the release and go “use the restroom” lol. The purchase doesn’t take long if all info is populated in advance

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
post #27 of 117 Old 11-09-2019, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Leading Puffer Fish

5 days to release. Signups still open. Help a brother out and score some great cigars!

post #28 of 117 Old 11-10-2019, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Leading Puffer Fish

I need a few more people to sign up so am raising the offer for everyone (including those already signed up). You will receive your choice of $50 SBC sampler OR $50 cash (well...PayPal or check )
I will still raffle off some premium cigars in addition to this if we get to 15
4 days to release

post #29 of 117 Old 11-11-2019, 11:47 AM
Young Puffer Fish

@scudder -1 coin
Bigjohn likes this.
post #30 of 117 Old 11-11-2019, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Leading Puffer Fish

Signups still open. Keep in mind, this is something you can easily do from your mobile device. Being in front of the computer is a little easier but I have successfully done it from my phone without any issues. For those that signed up, thank you!!! I will share some tips to make sure this goes smoothly for you.

Most important key to getting this done quickly is taking 10 minutes ahead of time to prep:

1. Create your account at usmint.gov
2. Save your shipping, billing, and credit card info

That simple, literally takes less than 10 minutes.

SET YOUR ALARMS AND REMINDERS. Release is at Noon 12:00:00 EASTERN Time this Thursday the 14th. The day of release:

1. Log into your account a few minutes before the release and get to the product page
2. Refresh right at 12:00:00 (product won’t be available before the clock hits 12, there is a chance that the site gets jammed if you wait to long past 12, I suspect it will sell out very quickly)
3. You will already see a quantity of 1 selected. Hit “add to bag”
4. A pop-up will appear with a red checkout button, hit it.
5. Your info should auto populate. In a payment method drop down, select the credit card you previously saved. Your payment info will populate EXCEPT the CCV security code (the 3 or 4 digit code on the back of your card). Enter the code, scroll all the way down to select “confirm order” and you are done!

Again, the entire process is super quick. A little prep and precision is all it takes.

It will help tremendously if you run through a sample process (go through all steps without pressing the final “confirm order” button) on a random product just so you know what to expect and make sure your account works and no information is missing.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP!! I WILL MAKE SURE YOU ARE REWARDED FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORT!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page