Are You A Steve Saka Type Of Smoker? - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 11-13-2019, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Are You A Steve Saka Type Of Smoker?

Steve Saka smokes ten cigars a day, whoa.

Do any BOTL here come close?

If yes, how do you find the time?

And how do you avoid palate burnout?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-13-2019, 01:23 PM
Trust Me, I'm Not Lion

I think all those industry guys who smoke X cigars a day don't REALLY smoke "X" amount of full cigars. They probably light "X" amount of cigars and toss/leave em whenever they feel/forget. Somebody said Padron did that in person. He would light a cigar, put it down, walk into another room, and light up a new one. I mean, when you can- why not? I believe that's how you get guys "smoking" 10-20 cigars in a day. Just a thought.
Archun and OneStrangeOne like this.

I <3 Cigars
Temporary Ban 30 days
post #3 of 11 Old 11-13-2019, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTheEvans View Post
I think all those industry guys who smoke X cigars a day don't REALLY smoke "X" amount of full cigars. They probably light "X" amount of cigars and toss/leave em whenever they feel/forget. Somebody said Padron did that in person. He would light a cigar, put it down, walk into another room, and light up a new one. I mean, when you can- why not? I believe that's how you get guys "smoking" 10-20 cigars in a day. Just a thought.
I agree. We need to define smoke. If by smoke, you mean sit down or stay in one place and finish the stick, then I really doubt they smoke 10 or X > 3 and maybe 2/

post #4 of 11 Old 11-13-2019, 02:55 PM
CAT WRANGLER

You figure an average 6x50 Toro takes an hour to smoke. IF you're just concentrating on the smoke, not having conversations with multiple people about the cigar .

That's a MINIMUM of ten hours of your day to tending a cigar. Not counting eating, drinking and bodily functions.

It's doable but not likely. Since with chit chat deters you power smoking every stick.

Since a crack stick lasts me 40 minutes, there's no way in hell I could accomplish it. I've had five or six in a day. That starting at 7am tee time and getting home real late and real drunk. Plus I know a couple of those got lit and left.

Sent from ... hey Jon, where's my damn sandwich
OneStrangeOne likes this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #5 of 11 Old 11-13-2019, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBC03 View Post
You figure an average 6x50 Toro takes an hour to smoke. IF you're just concentrating on the smoke, not having conversations with multiple people about the cigar .

That's a MINIMUM of ten hours of your day to tending a cigar. Not counting eating, drinking and bodily functions.

It's doable but not likely. Since with chit chat deters you power smoking every stick.

Since a crack stick lasts me 40 minutes, there's no way in hell I could accomplish it. I've had five or six in a day. That starting at 7am tee time and getting home real late and real drunk. Plus I know a couple of those got lit and left.

Sent from ... hey Jon, where's my damn sandwich
Yup, I agree. To do it for enjoyment, is pretty near impossible. Sorry Steve Saka :-)
post #6 of 11 Old 11-13-2019, 06:33 PM
Retired Chaos Designer

I read an article a few years back, this guy went on a buying trip for one of the etailers to Nicaragua, in the article he started that they were smoking 10-12 cigars a day. In the comments someone called him out using pretty much the same math as Dino and got the guy to admit that they were only smoking maybe a third, at best of each cigar.
UBC03 likes this.

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
post #7 of 11 Old 11-13-2019, 07:24 PM
The Great Green One

Unless your smoking the same cigar/blend after 3 cigars in a day your palate is pretty much wrecked anyways imo. I think the most I smoked in a day was six and at that point it was just smoking to smoke. Couldn't taste a damn thing.
post #8 of 11 Old 11-13-2019, 07:48 PM
Just monkeyin' around!

I've done shows and cigar fests where nearly all the vendors smoked constantly from morning to midnight, one cigar after another... and all the way down (unless it sucked). It's just how it's done. The more so because I'm strictly showing accessories and the cigar reps always want me to try something from each of their lines... and stand there to make sure I light it!

I'm normally a two or three or four a-day smoker. But I've certainly gone through 10 or more in a day at these events. Not sure what this "palate burnout" bit is about, though. No such thing, as far as I'm concerned. I've yet to wish I weren't smoking a cigar when I have one in my hand!
Gumby-cr, Scap and jmt8706 like this.

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain
post #9 of 11 Old 11-13-2019, 08:10 PM
The Great Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeonista View Post
I've done shows and cigar fests where nearly all the vendors smoked constantly from morning to midnight, one cigar after another... and all the way down (unless it sucked). It's just how it's done. The more so because I'm strictly showing accessories and the cigar reps always want me to try something from each of their lines... and stand there to make sure I light it!

I'm normally a two or three or four a-day smoker. But I've certainly gone through 10 or more in a day at these events. Not sure what this "palate burnout" bit is about, though. No such thing, as far as I'm concerned. I've yet to wish I weren't smoking a cigar when I have one in my hand!
All depends on what your smoking too. When you smoke mostly full/full all the time it takes it's toll a lot quicker
post #10 of 11 Old 11-13-2019, 11:29 PM
Just monkeyin' around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby-cr View Post
All depends on what your smoking too. When you smoke mostly full/full all the time it takes it's toll a lot quicker
I don't know, these White Owl Strawberries are purdy dang strong!

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page