Looking for mellow and smooth - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 07-19-2004, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Looking for mellow and smooth

Boys,

Long Time smoker........1st time poster.

Smoked a 1964 PA and loved it as most of you do. Here is the biggest difference I see. This cigar was smooth and mellow.........but full of flavor.

There are many mild cigars out there but oftentimes lack flavor. Leon's and
Stokkebyis, CAO Gold examples of this.

I would love to find a decent daily stick that smokes mellow and smooth with some flavor to it. Had a few drew la vieja habanas that were good. Bought a new box and these have a lot of spice and a bit of a bite.

Some of the recent smokes that are OK: Romeo reserva reals, Montesio,

Would like some reccomendations of mellow /smooth smokes from you guys. I don't like spicy.

Thanks

Kid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 07-19-2004, 04:39 PM

Re: Looking for mellow and smooth

TH Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Silver Labels are nice and smooth and mellow. With a good flavor. I also Like the Carlos Torano Signature the are mild and smooth.

The Flor De Oliva bundles are smooth with some flavor. I also enjoy the Partagas Spanish Rosado. To me they are mellow and Smooth.
post #3 of 19 Old 07-19-2004, 04:59 PM
MoTheMentor

IMHO, among mellow & smooth (but with a lot of flavor still) I believe tha Macanudo Gold can satisfy that (much better than the regular Macanudo line).

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away.

post #4 of 19 Old 07-19-2004, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoTheMan
IMHO, among mellow & smooth (but with a lot of flavor still) I believe tha Macanudo Gold can satisfy that (much better than the regular Macanudo line).
Oh yeah....I agree, Macanudo Gold are a lot better than the regular line - mellow, smooth and sweet. Try the new Somerset size if you like mini-torpedo's or the Duke of York and Tudor if you like big ring sizes.
post #5 of 19 Old 07-19-2004, 05:39 PM

Try Gispert, one recently got rated a 90 and is supposed to be mild, light and creamy. Your local shop should know which one.
post #6 of 19 Old 07-19-2004, 11:02 PM
What would Skeeter do?

You might want to try Bobalu Dominican White Label. I've smoked a couple of these & have to say I'm impressed with the smoothness & flavor. You can buy direct at www.bobalucigarco.com.

You might want to try a sampler or 2 at 1st to see what they have that you like. I think a box of the robusto White Labels go for about $84.00.

I believe I will be buying more.

The views & opinions expressed by kansashat are not necessarily the views & opinions of Club Stogie, or it's associates. Iamstillveryfondofbananacreampie. :cb
post #7 of 19 Old 07-22-2004, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Boys,

Tried the olivia and didn't like it. Was sort of uneventful. but thank for the suggestion. Thus the reason baskin Robbins has 108 flavors of Ice cream. I appreciate the suggestions for you guys.

Did try a R&J reserva maduro that was very mellow and reminded me of the 1964 PA....no kidding.

Did a couple of camachos yesterday and liked them as well.

Kid

If they donot allow Cigar Smoking in heaven....I shall not go........Samuel Clemmens
post #8 of 19 Old 07-22-2004, 02:40 PM
MoTheMentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanadakid
Did try a R&J reserva maduro that was very mellow and reminded me of the 1964 PA....no kidding.
I'm with you on that one. I like that line!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away.
post #9 of 19 Old 07-22-2004, 03:00 PM
Full grown Puffer Fish

Send a message via Yahoo to CigarHoss

I've always found the Romeo & Julieta line pretty smooth. Definitely NOT spicy...being a fan of "spicy" I don't often smoke R&Julietas.

Cuesta Ray is another brand that I've found pretty smooth. I tried them off of the discount table once and for the price I paid (about 4.00 a cigar) they weren't bad. My friends who didn't smoke cigars regularly seemed to enjoy them.

---------------------------------

"...one fist of iron...the other of steel...if the right one don't getcha then the left one will..."
post #10 of 19 Old 07-31-2004, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanadakid
Boys,

Long Time smoker........1st time poster.

Smoked a 1964 PA and loved it as most of you do. Here is the biggest difference I see. This cigar was smooth and mellow.........but full of flavor.

There are many mild cigars out there but oftentimes lack flavor. Leon's and
Stokkebyis, CAO Gold examples of this.

I would love to find a decent daily stick that smokes mellow and smooth with some flavor to it. Had a few drew la vieja habanas that were good. Bought a new box and these have a lot of spice and a bit of a bite.

Some of the recent smokes that are OK: Romeo reserva reals, Montesio,

Would like some reccomendations of mellow /smooth smokes from you guys. I don't like spicy.

Thanks

Kid
Hey, i'm Bill
A good smoke that has a bunch of flaor but is mellow has to be the Pardigas Spanish Rosato, at least in my opinion, another choice might b the Flor De Oliva Master Blend. Two wonderful smokes and not a load on the pocket, please let me know what you think of these two options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
mellow, smooth

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page