LFD Oscuro Fans - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 10-27-2008, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
kas
Puffer Fish with many spikes

LFD Oscuro Fans

Was talking to the La Flor rep at an OVTC event last week and picked up an interesting tidbit about the oscuro Cabinets. He said the wrapper is "bruised" (for lack of a better term) during the aging/fermentation process so it picks up some sweetness -- as well as its somewhat splotchy appearance, I guess. Wondered if anyone else has heard this. My brief search at CS turned up some pro and con references to the special aging process that Litto uses, but nothing as specific as what his rep said.
I ended up buying an L-250 and L-500 in the line and must say the smaller one was delicious. I was turned off by the LFD DL chiselito I smoked a couple years ago, but have decided to give them another try and am glad I did. I'll definitely be buying more of the oscuros.

"No matter where you go, there you are."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-27-2008, 02:30 PM

Re: LFD Oscuro Fans

This is one of my favorite wrappers. I absolutely love the L Cabinet lines. Never did hear the bruising thing before though.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-27-2008, 04:19 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Love all LFD cigars. :tu

post #4 of 7 Old 10-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Temp Ban for Rules Violation

the oscuro A they did a while back was incredible.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-28-2008, 03:19 AM
Luvin' me some Lagavulin

Keith,

Interesting post. Definately pick up that sweetness you mention. Litto and DPG are at the top of my list, and honestly with all the new stuff from DPG I am leaning more to Litto. I Just replenished with 2 boxes of chiselitos and 2 boxes of L300 cab oscuro. See how long I can age these (In addition I found some series 2000 stallions - well aged and fantastic).

Surprised you had a bad experience with the chiselito - I have never had a bad one. Alwasy consistent. Not surprised at your reaction after revisiting them.

Cheers,

Joe (BillyBarue)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"A Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --- Thucydides
post #6 of 7 Old 10-28-2008, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
kas
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Joe:

Sounds like some nice LG purchases indeed! I'm really glad I gave them another chance because the Cabinet oscuro really wowed me. Perhaps the bad chiselito experience was just where I was in my smoking career or maybe on an empty stomach or something.
And funny you should mention DPG because my other weekend cigar was a JJ belicoso natural, which is my favorite line/vitola in his blends.
You have to let me know if you hit Northern Virginia or DC so we can herf.

"No matter where you go, there you are."
post #7 of 7 Old 10-30-2008, 03:44 AM

LFD is perhaps the largest mover where I work. I can't sing enough praise about the Cabinet Oscuros and the the Cabinet Maduros. Gotta love the sungrown wrapper on Coronados as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fans, lfd, oscuro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page