Atlantic City has restored its original smoking ordinance - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 12-06-2008, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 718
 
Atlantic City has restored its original smoking ordinance

I am reading a newsletter from one of the casinos. It states that:

Effective November 16, Atlantic City has restored its original smoking ordinance. Customers may smoke at designated slot machines and table games.

This means after only one month of the smoke-free law was enacted, it has been rescinded.

The original smoking ordinance calls for 75% of casino floor to be smoke-free, the remaining 25% area designated as smoke-permitted.

I recalled reading when the city council announced the total ban was passed after the vote, union leaders said "thank you" to members of the city council.

The ban must hit hard in the pockets of the city and workers for them to reverse it.

Slowburning. It never goes out.
slowburning is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 3 Old 12-07-2008, 09:23 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,144
 
I didn't know you could smoke at all inside buildings in NJ state. Last time I was in Atlantic City was 2 yrs ago, and I can't remember anyone smoking in the casino.
lazylightningNY-cr is offline  
post #3 of 3 Old 12-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader
 
Acesfull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,418
    
I agree it was about the money, its the only way people are still allowed to smoke in businesses.
Acesfull is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Tags
atlantic, city, ordinance, original, restored, smoking

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome