Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

Puff Cigar Discussion Forums (https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/)
-   General Cigar Discussion (https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/general-cigar-discussion/)
-   -   Maduro and Oscuro: The Differences (https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/general-cigar-discussion/74329-maduro-oscuro-differences.html)

Dr. Stogie Fresh 06-03-2008 03:15 AM

Re: Maduro and Oscuro: The Differences

Thanks all. I continue to learn myself, which is what makes this hobby so damn enjoyable. :tu

The people in the cigar industry, by and large, are great people, who are willing to share their knowledge with people like me. I enjoy passing it all along.

Doc

shilala 06-03-2008 09:03 AM

Thanks for the article, Doc. I enjoyed it. :tu

PUFFNMO 06-03-2008 12:09 PM

Doc - Thanks for the great information. The description of these two different processes made my mouth begin to water, even the part about the "home brew".
I'm going out to Woodland Hills with two buddies today to have lunch and visit Colpin's. Then a good long smoke. I will be smoking an oscuro if I can find one, in your honor. Larry.

hoax 06-03-2008 04:20 PM

Very interesting. Now I want to go smoke an Oscuro.

andrewsutherland2002 06-03-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Stogie Fresh (Post 1684396)
Like many people, I was confused about the differences between Maduro and Oscuro wrappers. Then, after I met Josť Blanco of La Aurora Cigars, he was talking a lot about how Maduro and Oscuro are completely different. You have probably heard of the La Aurora Barrel Aged cigars, which have Oscuro wrappers. So, I asked Josť to help me with an article that would explain the differences and here's what we came up with. Maduro and Oscuro: The Basics.

Enjoy!

Doc

Nice article. I knew about maduro, but never been educated in the oscuro process. Thanks.:tu

Mullet 06-03-2008 10:45 PM

this thread makes me want an LFD Ligero Oscuro really badly.

lightning9191 06-03-2008 11:04 PM

Thanx for the link....I'm a learning!

Bobb 06-03-2008 11:46 PM

Thanks for the info Doc!! I knew there was a difference between maduro and oscuro, but until now, I had no idea what that difference was :tu

Dr. Stogie Fresh 06-04-2008 01:24 AM

Big D 06-05-2008 03:41 PM

Thanks Doc:tu. Now I know....