Good morning thread and sports update - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 343Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3833 Old 07-23-2008, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
"Herf King"

Send a message via MSN to Stogieman
Thumbs up Good morning thread and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Not sure where to post this so I thought I'd start it here. If there is a better location, let me know and I'll make sure and follow th rules. Well, it was another super win last night for the Yankees with Bobby Abreu hitting a go ahead 2 run homer in the 6th with a final score of 8 - 2. Today is a day game with the 1st pitch at 1305 (1:05pm) with Mike "The Moose" Mussina starting on the mound. Hopefully they get the game off as here is the weather report for the Bronx:

Today: Showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 11am. Some of the storms could produce small hail, gusty winds, and heavy rain. High near 82. East wind between 7 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Tonight: Showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce small hail, gusty winds, and heavy rain. Low around 73. South wind between 15 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between one and two inches possible.

For the full 7 day wrap up from NOAA:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...2=-73.8762&e=1

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great "Hump Day", and gets to enjoy a favorite cigar or two.........

I'd walk a mile for a Cuban........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3833 Old 07-23-2008, 07:17 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

good morning Charlie. i hope i get my round of golf in before it pours.
post #3 of 3833 Old 07-23-2008, 07:30 AM

Good morning Charlie...great thread. The BOMBERS done good...my METS flat out suk when SANTANA is on the mound...hope'n you too have a great day! Jim, G'Luck w/the round...I'll be doing the driving range again today.

post #4 of 3833 Old 07-23-2008, 07:33 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatmandu View Post
Good morning Charlie...great thread. The BOMBERS done good...my METS flat out suk when SANTANA is on the mound...hope'n you too have a great day! Jim, G'Luck w/the round...I'll be doing the driving range again today.
i thought they were up 6-2? what happened
post #5 of 3833 Old 07-23-2008, 01:06 PM

Thanks for the update, you got any good favre news? (now that's a soap opera victor newman needs to be a part of). Thanks for the reply last night, Eagles huh!!!! can't wait till that eagles/cowboys show down!!!!
post #6 of 3833 Old 07-24-2008, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie466 View Post
i thought they were up 6-2? what happened
They took out SANTANA and the bullsh...er, PEN stunk up the place again. Anyhow they won nicely last night...g'morn'n all..HEY CHARLIE, wake up man, we're jack'n your thunder. Let's have it for today. 72 now in my neck of Bama, going to 90 w/a good chance of rain this afternoon. Hope all CL members have a grand day
post #7 of 3833 Old 07-24-2008, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
"Herf King"

Send a message via MSN to Stogieman
Smile

Good morning all and as always, the joe is brewin'. Well, the Yankees won another game making it six straight with a score of 5 - 1. The Twins were scoreless in eight innings and for the full wrap up, here's the link:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

The Yanks take on the Red Sox this weekend which will definitely move the standings around a bit. As far as the weather, we're lookin' to get rain off and on today with the temps in the mid 80s. Oh well, it beats the high 90s and muggy. Anyway, being that today is Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley cigars this evening to enjoy a few tastey cigars and to exchange the weeks adventures. If your in the area, stop on by for a stogie or two. If not, I hope you get to enjoy a favorite as well....... :helloooo:

I'd walk a mile for a Cuban........
post #8 of 3833 Old 07-24-2008, 07:14 AM

Thanks for the update, I saw the highlights, the yanks looked to be getting in post season form. Good morning by the way
post #9 of 3833 Old 07-24-2008, 07:21 AM

Thanx Charlie...I DO like this thread...great idea.
post #10 of 3833 Old 07-24-2008, 08:45 AM

Morning Charlie!! Go YANKS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
good, morning, sports, thread, update

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page