Nick Perdomo is a real piece of work - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2010, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Newbie in the ocean

Nick Perdomo is a real piece of work

Lakes Vice Mayor Sues Citizen Over Seemingly Racist Remarks

Nick Perdomo thinks it's someone else's fault folks noticed when he called Liberty City residents "animals" on the public record

By JANIE CAMPBELL

Updated 11:15 AM EDT, Mon, Jul 26, 2010

The political scene in Miami Lakes has long been heated -- the Mayor's office was purposefully set on fire last year, so pun totally intended -- but Vice Mayor Nick Perdomo is taking nasty to the smoking section.

Perdomo is suing former Civic Association president Angela Garrison for, when asked by local news, having expressed her displeasure with seemingly racist and sexist remarks he made at a City Commission meeting.

"I think we need to show a little more class than that," she opined on camera.

And she was right. It was in September that Perdomo told town manager Frank Bocanegra, a former Miami-Dade police officer who worked the Liberty City race riots in the '80s, that he needed to lose one of his assistants.

"Frank I know you're going to be fine, too," Perdomo said at the public meeting. "I mean, you were in Liberty City fighting the animals over there when you were younger, okay? You're going to be fine, and we're going to save the town's folks $50,000 a year."

As if referring to Liberty City residents as "animals" wasn't enough, Perdomo then offered to loan Bocanegra "one of my hot girls from Nicaragua to come and assist you."

Perdomo's comments caused a small furor in Miami Lakes, and reporter Roger Lohse went to Garrison after the meeting for comment. She followed up her call for class by pointing out that "the employees that [he] was degrading were sitting right in the audience."

And shortly after that: lawsuit.

"[I felt] shock [when served]," she said. "I thought I had a right to speak publicly and give an opinion and I lived in the United States of America.
"People to have a right to discuss his decisions and the way he conducts himself on the dais."

But Perdomo, who owns a cigar manufacturing company in Miami Lakes, claims in his suit that Garrison's comments are part of a "personal vendetta" and amount to libel and slander. He says some customers have stopped buying his cigars because they believe he is a racist.

I don’t have enough post to put up the link so google "Angela Garrison WPLG" and that will take you to the story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Disinterested

Re: Nick Perdomo is a real piece of work

Not sure I get it. Are you boycotting Perdomo for making a tasteless remark about "hot girls"? Because he filed an admittedly frivolous law suit that will surely never see the inside of courtroom? Or, because he referred to rioters and looters as "animals"?

I'd consider it, since it's an insult to animals everywhere.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Teh Kid

Send a message via AIM to thegoldenmackid

Time to start boycotting Cubans because Fidel hates America.

On another note, I'm not sure if this post is going to be allowed given the strict no politics part of Puff. Obvs this is different.

http://twitter.com/charlieminato
editor, halfwheel.com

Old 07-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Munkee fish

I read your whole post and I have no idea what you are talking about. A pretty involved rant for your 2nd ever post don't you think?
Anyway- we'd love to get to know you. Head to the New Puffer forum and introduce yourself.......

This is my signature!:music: :lalala: :chk
Old 07-26-2010, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Newbie in the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herf N Turf View Post
Not sure I get it. Are you boycotting Perdomo for making a tasteless remark about "hot girls"? Because he filed an admittedly frivolous law suit that will surely never see the inside of courtroom? Or, because he referred to rioters and looters as "animals"?

I'd consider it, since it's an insult to animals everywhere.
I'm boycotting because of the suit.

Apparently she has had to spend some $20,000 so far to defend herself.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Puffin' Colt

I had no idea he was a politician...He has posted on this forum a couple times...

**Strokes invisible beard...interesting.......

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers; What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Retired Cigar Whore

Hey, where did you get your invisible beard?

I have only smoked a couple of Perdomo's. A lot 23 maybe twice. I think that's all. Don't care for them all that much. Now I see why. hahahahaa

Retired Island Whore
Old 07-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
I had no idea he was a politician...He has posted on this forum a couple times...

**Strokes invisible beard...interesting.......
I had no idea either, and I live in Miami. In my defense, Miami Lakes is hardly near where I work or live.

Meh, I don't really smoke his cigars anyways. Both parties are ridiculous at this point.

I wish to say that I'm not ashamed of anything whatever that I do, and I don't feel that smoking makes me ashamed, and therefore I mean to smoke to the glory of God. - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
Old 07-26-2010, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Newbie in the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by solafid3 View Post
I had no idea either, and I live in Miami. In my defense, Miami Lakes is hardly near where I work or live.

Meh, I don't really smoke his cigars anyways. Both parties are ridiculous at this point.
Why would you say she is being ridiculous? She went to a city council meeting and was interviewed afterwards and made these comments -

"I think we need to show a little more class than that. The employees he was referring to were sitting right in the audience."

That's it, that's the comment she made that the news is reporting she is getting sued over. She commented in an interview on a remark by a politician and now is getting hammered.

Her legal bills are supposedly about $20,000 so far.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Hand me a Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
Why would you say she is being ridiculous? She went to a city council meeting and was interviewed afterwards and made these comments -

"I think we need to show a little more class than that. The employees he was referring to were sitting right in the audience."

That's it, that's the comment she made that the news is reporting she is getting sued over. She commented in an interview on a remark by a politician and now is getting hammered.

Her legal bills are supposedly about $20,000 so far.
Bro, are you her attorney or something? Are you trying to get others to boycott Perdomo over your beliefs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
nick, perdomo, piece, real, work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in