Stinkyest Cat Food? - Page 4 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 Old 05-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Re: Stinkyest Cat Food?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXsmoker View Post
.22CB caps arent as loud as my pellet rifle, or just use a pellet rifle. Use the excuse "I didnt know that the toy gun would do more than scare them off..." and get away with a slap on the wrist.
I would be VERY careful heeding this advice.

In some of the more sensitive areas of our country this can yield you animal cruelty charges.

No joke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 05-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_ESM View Post

In some of the more sensitive areas of our country this can yield you animal cruelty charges.

No joke.
Not when they have injured your animal, and they are running wild causing damage. He warned the owner to contain her animals, thats all he needs to do. She obviously cant control them and has too many. What happens when a couple get rabies and hurt some kids? Its not cruelty to protect yourself, your family and your animals from out of control wildlife. If it doesnt have a rabies tag, or its too wild for you to check the date on the tag, its a hazzard to everyone in the area.
post #33 of 36 Old 05-22-2011, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Disinterested

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_ESM View Post

No joke.
It's not and involving a firearm immediately kicks it up to a felony and the Right To Never Touch A Firearm Again.

So, noooo sanks!

post #34 of 36 Old 05-22-2011, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Disinterested

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXsmoker View Post
Not when they have injured your animal, and they are running wild causing damage. He warned the owner to contain her animals, thats all he needs to do. She obviously cant control them and has too many. What happens when a couple get rabies and hurt some kids? Its not cruelty to protect yourself, your family and your animals from out of control wildlife. If it doesnt have a rabies tag, or its too wild for you to check the date on the tag, its a hazzard to everyone in the area.
Sorry for the consecutive posts. I hate that, but evidently, Adam was posting at the time time as I.

I envy your right in TX to shoot to protect property, but even there, as here, you cannot shoot in an incorporated area. I do understand that you can shoot a human in an incorporated area, in order to protect property, but not an animal posing no imminent threat. Even if I said I was shooting because the cat was attacking and refused to comply with my command to stop, I'd have to explain what I was doing in my yard/shed with a .22 pistol. Clearly it was not for reasons of self-protection, since it would come out in court that I own several .45's. It would be seen that I was out looking for a confrontation and therefore premeditated.

Here, sadly enough, it's completely unjustifiable and will land you in the clink for a long, long time. Then, years of paying the incumbent fine.

Even if the planets aligned and I was acquitted the first time, there's NO WAY I'd be acquitted a second, and I had far more than one cat to quell.
post #35 of 36 Old 05-22-2011, 04:04 PM
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herf N Turf View Post
Sorry for the consecutive posts. I hate that, but evidently, Adam was posting at the time time as I.

I envy your right in TX to shoot to protect property, but even there, as here, you cannot shoot in an incorporated area. I do understand that you can shoot a human in an incorporated area, in order to protect property, but not an animal posing no imminent threat. Even if I said I was shooting because the cat was attacking and refused to comply with my command to stop, I'd have to explain what I was doing in my yard/shed with a .22 pistol. Clearly it was not for reasons of self-protection, since it would come out in court that I own several .45's. It would be seen that I was out looking for a confrontation and therefore premeditated.

Here, sadly enough, it's completely unjustifiable and will land you in the clink for a long, long time. Then, years of paying the incumbent fine.

Even if the planets aligned and I was acquitted the first time, there's NO WAY I'd be acquitted a second, and I had far more than one cat to quell.
Well then why use the 22 shot the damn pest with the 45!!!!!!!!!

"Dear Lord Thank you for your protection and your many signs along the way. Thank you for any good that I may have done, I'm so sorry about the bad."- Eli
post #36 of 36 Old 05-22-2011, 04:19 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herf N Turf View Post

I envy your right in TX to shoot to protect property, but even there, as here, you cannot shoot in an incorporated area. I do understand that you can shoot a human in an incorporated area, in order to protect property, but not an animal posing no imminent threat.

We have had rabies issues with stray cats in the past that make it easy to get away with extream measures, but you do need proof. A couple of pics of several of them in your yard, and a pic of your scratched up dog, and you would be good to go here. Providing you and others had made complaints to animal control and or the police.

Also, I did mention a pellet rifle/bb gun in my first post. Around here they usualy arent considered "firearms" per say. Usualy no "reckless discharge" or other firearms charges unless you go after a person. Go after a person, and if it looks like a gun, it is a gun. In case they shoot you.

Oh yea, isnt she responsible for damage caused by her animals? Let them screw up your garden, then take her to claims court. And isnt having too many animals to take care of animal cruelty as well? Look for local rescue groups that will come take the cats from her. I guess there are some non-shoot-em-up ideas as well, but those are less my style.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
cat, food, stinkyest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page