Tattoos - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 141Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2018, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Full grown Puffer Fish

Tattoos

Looking through here Iím surprised to find that I donít see a thread dedicated to tattoos! Tattoos are such a personal and beautiful thing and often have a very deep meaning to the person wearing them. So BOTL/SOTL lets see your tattoos! Post a picture of a tattoo you have and give us all a little background on its meaning! It should be fun! Remember, keep it PG (sorry @LeatherNeck , no one wants to see your a** tattoo)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2018, 02:19 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Iím older. Things have faded and 2 of my 3 are on my shoulder blades. I have a happy face on my left deltoid. All were military related. My right shoulder blade has a Jolly Roger wearing a red bandanna, the left shoulder blade has a gas masked soldier with an orange mushroom cloud behind it, though the orange has faded to a lighter peach. I was a combat medic and respiratory therapist but was trained for NBC threats.

I used to tell my kids, when they were actually children that itís daddyís personality which was partially dependent on how they acted. They could deal with ďMr. Nice Guy,Ē most of the time. If they were sassy or didnít pick up their stuff then the not so nice pirate would emerge and take their stuff and press them into service a.k.a. work. Lastly there was a terrifying killing machine known as BadA$$ [email protected]#ker, whom they never wanted to meet, because heís all geared up and ready for slaughter and he cares not about what he does to get back home.

It was quite true and the last guys only ever come out 2-3 times in my life.

While swimming in Jamaica, the locals were quite uneasy with that tattoo, but I said heís been pushed back deep into a box and should always be considered retired from duty.

You can tell that these are old and so am I. Well I hit 50 this year.

talisker10 and Ethan21 like this.

El Gringo Alto y El fumador de muchos pudos! -my Nica description.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:25 PM
Director of Sarcasm

Location: I live in two different states....Confusion and Disoriented.

Body art like a lot of things are personality oriented and I can remember my Dads tattoo that I always loved to look at. It was a Navy Tattoo with the American Flag that he got in WWII in Hawaii...always looked at it as a badge and when in the summer he'd strip down to his "wife-beater t shirt" his tattoo always gave me a source of pride because of the attachment of his service.

Today ...body art tends to glorify the person wearing it to get attention...sorry if that offends others...but this Generation tends to want to bring attention to themselves for their own glorification and that sends out a message I can't get behind. I've seen tattoos that I think are amazing because it was about sending a message that wasn't about the person wearing it....some wear their art as if it was a statement to rile up those around them and if that's what they are trying to do then as much as they irritate others they are the ones who have to wear them for the next 50 years...what a fashion statement when that old faded tattoo of some Devil with horns with a snake wrapped around it looks like something from the ancient world from 2000 years ago. It looks so fetching when seeing these on the beaches with somebody walking up and down with old stretched out skin full of moles and liver spots...picture of health!

Busting balls since 1954.
My Indian Name...Lives For Cigars

Last edited by Cigary; 01-29-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Old 01-29-2018, 03:57 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
Body art like a lot of things are personality oriented and I can remember my Dads tattoo that I always loved to look at. It was a Navy Tattoo with the American Flag that he got in WWII in Hawaii...always looked at it as a badge and when in the summer he'd strip down to his "wife-beater t shirt" his tattoo always gave me a source of pride because of the attachment of his service.

Today ...boy art tends to glorify the person wearing it to get attention...sorry if that offends others...but this Generation tends to want to bring attention to themselves for their own glorification and that sends out a message I can't get behind. I've seen tattoos that I think are amazing because it was about sending a message that wasn't about the person wearing it....some wear their art as if it was a statement to rile up those around them and if that's what they are trying to do then as much as they irritate others they are the ones who have to wear them for the next 50 years...what a fashion statement when that old faded tattoo of some Devil with horns with a snake wrapped around it looks like something from the ancient world from 2000 years ago. It looks so fetching when seeing these on the beaches with somebody walking up and down with old stretched out skin full of moles and liver spots...picture of health!

Very true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

El Gringo Alto y El fumador de muchos pudos! -my Nica description.
Old 01-29-2018, 06:21 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Tattoos

I keep telling my old lady I just have one tattoo...itís just not finished yet. I got some from prison and got some from a buddy that has a couple tattoo shops here in Az...some I would change and some I wouldnít. But they are my story so Iím okay with them all.
I donít want to bore you guys with pics tho

This is NOT a message board where you come to leave your matzah balls hanging out and then walk around with an entitled attitude. Cigary 2018
Old 01-29-2018, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT14U View Post
I keep telling my old lady I just have one tattoo...itís just not finished yet. I got some from prison and got some from a buddy that has a couple tattoo shops here in Az...some I would change and some I wouldnít. But they are my story so Iím okay with them all.
I do t want to bore you guys with pics tho

Thatís what I love about tattoos. The story behind them.

Champagne InHand likes this.
Old 01-29-2018, 06:36 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Tattoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchpunk View Post
Thatís what I love about tattoos. The story behind them.

Usually some kind of story behind them. I got a couple but Iíll keep them to myself...problem with talking about them is it comes off more as bragging I think for the white trash knuckle heads anyways...by no means do I want to look like that on this forum. That time in my life was over 20 years ago.

This is NOT a message board where you come to leave your matzah balls hanging out and then walk around with an entitled attitude. Cigary 2018
Old 01-29-2018, 10:06 PM
AKA Vader Clause

I have a couple here and there ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am not dying until I am damn good and ready.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtAv8tor View Post

I have a couple here and there ...

Ehhhh I see some blank skin on that inner elbow, looks like youíre slacking...

Old 01-29-2018, 10:09 PM
AKA Vader Clause

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchpunk View Post
Ehhhh I see some blank skin on that inner elbow, looks like youíre slacking...

Time or money, never seem to have them both together...slowly but surely both sleeves will be done

I am not dying until I am damn good and ready.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in