Huntin Season...whatcha kill ? - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 11-17-2019, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
CAT WRANGLER

Huntin Season...whatcha kill ?

Figured we could use a place to put any pics from successful hunts, Huntin stories , wildlife pics.

Wanted to start a dedicated thread, since not every one hunts, not everyone wants to see the outcome of a successful hunt. So I figured we'd put em in one spot so the members that don't wanna see, can skip or block the thread..

Sent from ... hey Jon, where's my damn sandwich
Piper, TonyBrooklyn, Rondo and 1 others like this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 11-18-2019, 08:50 AM
Alpha Puffer Fish

only been out once and got skunked
TonyBrooklyn likes this.

"In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."
post #3 of 15 Old 11-18-2019, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
CAT WRANGLER

I started this because I saw three bucks last night. Two were nose to the ground, chasing does. So there's hope we may catch part of the rut this year.. its got me all pumped up. Gonna throw up a blind where the does hang out in the back pasture.

Gotta replace all my stands this week. Gas company came through and wiped out two hang ons and a ladder stand , when they bulldozed their path to the lines.
The owner of the connecting farm died last year. His kids don't want it and put it on the market. The realtor posted the entire thing and won't give permission to any of us that have been hunting it for 30+years. Isn't anything the kids can do about it.. sucks cause it's about a hundred acres plus. Lotta nice deer came from that patch over the years.

Piper likes this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin

post #4 of 15 Old 11-18-2019, 10:11 AM
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBC03 View Post
I started this because I saw three bucks last night. Two were nose to the ground, chasing does. So there's hope we may catch part of the rut this year.. its got me all pumped up. Gonna throw up a blind where the does hang out in the back pasture.

Gotta replace all my stands this week. Gas company came through and wiped out two hang ons and a ladder stand , when they bulldozed their path to the lines.
The owner of the connecting farm died last year. His kids don't want it and put it on the market. The realtor posted the entire thing and won't give permission to any of us that have been hunting it for 30+years. Isn't anything the kids can do about it.. sucks cause it's about a hundred acres plus. Lotta nice deer came from that patch over the years.

That's a damn shame.
Many are anti hunting mostly anti gun.
In New York it starts when bow season starts.
Fresh signs all over.
From Westchester right on up through Putnam county.
Happy Hunting!
Piper and UBC03 like this.

"Dear Lord Thank you for your protection and your many signs along the way. Thank you for any good that I may have done, I'm so sorry about the bad."- Eli
post #5 of 15 Old 11-18-2019, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
CAT WRANGLER

Most of the guys I shoot with are non hunters. They rag on me cause I don't have ARs and all that crap. Told em every gun I own but one has killed something. I know guys love their semis. But I won't waste the money on something that doesn't put food in the freezer. Pa. doesn't allow hunting with them. But I do like shootin em. Years ago my buddy had a class 3 or C(don't remember). But he had a few full autos .. now those were a blast..

But the point is these guys couldn't imagine killing something with their guns. They don't punch holes in ANYTHING BUT PAPER.

Piper likes this.

post #6 of 15 Old 11-18-2019, 03:38 PM
One of the a-holes

Second day of the season and already there are fatalities.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...-accident/amp/
Piper likes this.

Blue Lives Matter
post #7 of 15 Old 11-18-2019, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
CAT WRANGLER

That sucks.. it's mostly heart attacks and falls around here.

Piper likes this.

post #8 of 15 Old 11-18-2019, 03:45 PM
One of the a-holes

Guys come up from the city and shoot each other, dogs and those big black and white deer, aka cows.
Happens every year and itís so unnecessary.
I donít own any guns and I have no problem with those that do.
For you owners, do you think more safety courses could prevent accidents, or is it a matter of you canít fix stupid?
Sorry for the hijack.

Blue Lives Matter
post #9 of 15 Old 11-18-2019, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
CAT WRANGLER

I took the safety course. Basic crap, but I learned to hunt with my pops. A back hand makes you retain information incredibly well.. lol

I've hunted with guys that I trust AND I've hunted with guys that I've walked back to the truck in a few minutes and skipped the hunt. They were usually guys that thought hunting would impress the father in law or his buddies.. it usually never turned out well for the guys that stayed. They usually ended up having to clean whatever they shot , then listen to the stories from "the great hunter" all day...

Piper and Mich_smoker like this.

post #10 of 15 Old 11-18-2019, 05:39 PM
Retired Chaos Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
Guys come up from the city and shoot each other, dogs and those big black and white deer, aka cows.
Happens every year and itís so unnecessary.
I donít own any guns and I have no problem with those that do.
For you owners, do you think more safety courses could prevent accidents, or is it a matter of you canít fix stupid?
Sorry for the hijack.
Pretty much the second one Ron, some people just shouldnít have guns, or children!
Piper, TonyBrooklyn, Rondo and 1 others like this.

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page