It's All Over - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 12-08-2019, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Alpha Puffer Fish

It's All Over

So Far, this is the worst day of my life....The wife and I just signed the papers on our 162 acres up here in the mountains and it has been sold. We still own our home and the 2 acres it's on but all else is gone. I told the realtor to find us a house and 5 acres somewhere that we need to move within a year. I can't live next to something that has my heart and soul like my property does. It's like getting divorced to someone you still love and they living next door to you. I can't watch someone else enjoy the land I worked to perfect for all these years. Time to move to the city .... the first thing I am gonna do is order a pizza and have it delivered to my front door.... I try that here, they don't even bother to laugh, they just hang up on me. The last time I tried, the guy said he couldn't do it due to their helicopter was in the shop.
Oh well.....at least I won't be poor anymore. I can afford to by actual boxes of Captain Crunch instead of that Dollar store brand Captain Crispy... The only thing that makes this day bright is that I know the Falcons are gonna win the Super Bowl this year.

Though I Be The Lone Survivor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 12-08-2019, 11:53 AM
CAT WRANGLER

Sorry and glad to hear this all at the same time..

I know you love your land but IT WAS GONNA KILL YOU. To put it in the wife perspective. It was like having a woman you love but she kicked you in the junk daily. A few times a year she figures the kick to the boys ain't enough and beats you with a tire iron.

I know it sucks but relax, recoup and for God's sake take care of yourself.. you can't even think about getting better when your beating yourself to death every day to keep that place above water.

Make peace with it and know it's for the best for you and the family. At least grandpa will be able to walk the next time the rugrats come over.

Sent from. .. HAPPY HOLIDAYS.. YA JAGGOFFS
Ranger0282 and OneStrangeOne like this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #3 of 28 Old 12-08-2019, 12:05 PM
The Great Green One

Good luck with the new changes. Having to keep up on 162 acres would drive me insane. That alone would be a full time job.
Ranger0282 likes this.

post #4 of 28 Old 12-08-2019, 12:27 PM
Just monkeyin' around!

Sorry Dave. Life is an adventure, though.

On the upside, yes, the Falcons are gonna' win the Superbowl... not this year... but maybe if they draft Joe Burrow and the rest of the LSU Tigers they'll have a shot in a year or two.
Hickorynut likes this.

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain
post #5 of 28 Old 12-08-2019, 12:48 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

It's All Over

No pizza delivery??!! OMG!! I dont thinks Id last a week. All kidding aside sucks to hear you had to sell. Hope all works out with your move bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ranger0282 and jmt8706 like this.

ANYTIME IS STOGIE TIME!
post #6 of 28 Old 12-08-2019, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Alpha Puffer Fish

I don't know if this will come up but here are pic's of the property as the realtor shows it..Imagine being a Hill-Billy Mt. Man and owning this up on top of God's country... I had it made. Damn legs and back gave out of couple of years ago and the wife's daily crying made me decide to finally pack it in..... BEAUTIFUL piece of woods though...

1512 Jamestown Hwy LIVINGSTON TN 38570 - Test Real Estate Listings For Sale
curmudgeonista likes this.

Though I Be The Lone Survivor
post #7 of 28 Old 12-08-2019, 01:15 PM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Beautiful place for sure Dave. I hope the best for you at your new place and enjoy the pizza.

random capitalization courtesy of gboard
post #8 of 28 Old 12-08-2019, 01:35 PM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

As a wise person told me once....."Everything happens for a reason"....Something good will come of this I'm sure.

I grew up not far from there (Oakridge) The Cumberland Mountains are beautiful...Don't move to far away.

I came into this world covered in someone elses blood and screaming. Im not afraid to leave it the same way.
post #9 of 28 Old 12-08-2019, 01:50 PM
One of the a-holes

Relax and be grateful for what you have. Its time for someone else to deal with the motocross kids and flooding.
The new owners are probably really nice people that for a few deer steaks and jerky, may allow you to hunt, moonshine and enjoy their property as if it was still yours while they pay the taxes.
UBC03 and OneStrangeOne like this.

Blue Lives Matter
post #10 of 28 Old 12-08-2019, 02:53 PM
CAT WRANGLER

Did you keep the mineral rights?

Sent from. .. HAPPY HOLIDAYS.. YA JAGGOFFS

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page