The Good Stuff - Page 3 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 46 Old 04-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Re: The Good Stuff

I learned early on that cbid didn't have much I was interested in. With a few exceptions of course; there are deals to be had. But mostly it seems like good deals on bad smokes.

That which is falling, should also be pushed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 46 Old 04-10-2011, 03:47 PM
The Mad Roofer

Yeah Chris and I spoiled ourselves with great boutiques early on. It's been all downhill ever since. Same with pipes I suppose. lol
post #23 of 46 Old 04-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfog View Post
Yeah Chris and I spoiled ourselves with great boutiques early on. It's been all downhill ever since. Same with pipes I suppose. lol
Exactly. Haven't been smoking pipes very long at all, butthe cellar is building up rapidly and I'm dying for a castello.

post #24 of 46 Old 04-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff10236 View Post
Cigars and pipes do compliment each other well. I've smoked both for nearly 20 years (I'm 40) so in my mind they really do go together, but work best for slightly different moods or situations (available time, temperature, activity).

Even if it is a little expensive, the best way to start is probably just to pick up a handful of singles at the local B&M. Try to pick up a variety and see what you like so far as styles. Then, go to one of the online sites (Cigars International is probably most popular) and buy some samplers to try different brands (and sometimes styles). At that point you'll be well on your way down another terrific slope.

What have you tried so far and what have you liked? What style of pipe tobaccos do you prefer?
well soo far, I've tried a La flor dominicono, a punch grand cue, and yesterday I tried my very 1st preminum cigar a alec Bradley Presado, and I never thought I'd like a full body cigar, then again I've been smoking full body english of late, that Presado I wanted more of, but at 14 bucks a stick, not a every day smoke for sure hahahha
maybe once a week hehehhe
troy
post #25 of 46 Old 04-11-2011, 05:37 PM
The Mad Roofer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laloin View Post
well soo far, I've tried a La flor dominicono, a punch grand cue, and yesterday I tried my very 1st preminum cigar a alec Bradley Presado, and I never thought I'd like a full body cigar, then again I've been smoking full body english of late, that Presado I wanted more of, but at 14 bucks a stick, not a every day smoke for sure hahahha
maybe once a week hehehhe
troy
just my opinion so take it for what its worth. If your spending 14 dollars on a cigar, buy a Padron! There are only a few non Cubans that I still buy and AB is not in the mix. Nothing wrong with AB (just my opinion).
post #26 of 46 Old 04-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfog View Post
just my opinion so take it for what its worth. If your spending 14 dollars on a cigar, buy a Padron! There are only a few non Cubans that I still buy and AB is not in the mix. Nothing wrong with AB (just my opinion).
14 a pop seems awfully high for that stick.

There are amazing cigars in the 7 - 12 dollar range that are, well, amazing.

post #27 of 46 Old 04-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Definitely the good stuff! Very nice.
post #28 of 46 Old 04-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Puffer With No Spikes

Dammit Dave, how are you ever gonna know what a good cigar is supposed to taste like if all you are smoking are the best ones out there. sometimes it pays to know what crap tastes like lol.

A lack of preparation on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part.
post #29 of 46 Old 04-11-2011, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Believe me Shannen, I was trying to find a good cigar for little money. I had some real dog rockets! One that one of my friends lit and declared, "This tastes like it's been rolled in horse sh!t!" I finally settled on Cuban Reject Robusto Maduros. Actually just gave all those away!

It was.....well, let's just say it was.
post #30 of 46 Old 04-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by owaindav View Post
One that one of my friends lit and declared, "This tastes like it's been rolled in horse sh!t!"
It's probably because I'm in the Pipe subforum, but when I read that statement.....a certain blend came to mind.

F & K - Merde de Cheval pipe tobacco reviews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
good, stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page