Morning smoke - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 09-17-2011, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
No longer a community member.

Morning smoke

Whats your recommendation for a good morning smoke? Contemplating a Latakia or maybe a more subtle Virginia, how about a easy aromatic. Either way let me know what you guys are smoking in the morning with your coffee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Old Man

Re: Morning smoke

I smoke Royal Yacht for a morning smoke, but it is not what you would think of as a morning smoke. It will grow hair on your chest. If you are looking for a "normal" morning type smoke, I don't think you can do better than GL Pease Piccadilly. It is a vaper with latakia. Another possibility is Hearth and Home Anniversay Kake, a sweet vaper. Chelsea morning is nice if you like an English with quite a bit of Oriental tobacco.

Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.
post #3 of 12 Old 09-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Señor Corncob

Ive been on a G.L.P Chelsea Morning kick for the past few months after being an EMP addict although neither are aromatics i suppose they could be considered morning blends...

post #4 of 12 Old 09-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianpiper View Post
Whats your recommendation for a good morning smoke? Contemplating a Latakia or maybe a more subtle Virginia, how about a easy aromatic. Either way let me know what you guys are smoking in the morning with your coffee.
GL Pease: Chelsea Morning or Piccadilly
Hearth & Home: Anniversary Kake
post #5 of 12 Old 09-18-2011, 06:20 AM
Alpha Puffer Fish

usually my morning smoke...if I'm up early for one would be MacBaren Virginia #1.
that honey on toast taste, just sings with morning coffee, plus it's cheap.
also can suggest Prince Albert in the morning, the chococlate undertones along with the earthly overtones is great with coffee
troy
post #6 of 12 Old 09-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Sot-weed Bohemian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laloin View Post
usually my morning smoke...if I'm up early for one would be MacBaren Virginia #1.
that honey on toast taste, just sings with morning coffee, plus it's cheap.
also can suggest Prince Albert in the morning, the chococlate undertones along with the earthly overtones is great with coffee
troy
I'll second the PA. Most of the time that's my first smoke, I think for several reasons. I don't want a hassle in the morning before I'm barely awake, for one thing. You don't have to do much of anything to smoke a bowl of PA -- stuff it in there, light it and you're good to go. Plus, I always know where that one is!

After the PA and some coffee, though, anything goes.

Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney
post #7 of 12 Old 09-18-2011, 08:02 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

No brainer. Park Lane Connoisseurs flake. Scottish Ribbon clone from Ed Burak's shop in Manhattan (before it closed obviously). This stuff is currently my favorite tobacco and is great anytime really.

Sometimes on the weekend ill burn some Benjamin Hartwell Evening Stroll to get the day started. I will say however that I generally smoke way to much (pack of cigs, 2 cigars and a few pipes) so i'll often go for a heavy english blend in the AM as well.

MrR
post #8 of 12 Old 09-19-2011, 01:19 AM
Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoB View Post
GL Pease: Chelsea Morning or Piccadilly
Hearth & Home: Anniversary Kake
Agreed. I love Anni Kake in the morning. Wait...I like Anni Kake all the time so I guess I might be biased. LOL
post #9 of 12 Old 09-19-2011, 05:53 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exille View Post
Ive been on a G.L.P Chelsea Morning kick for the past few months after being an EMP addict although neither are aromatics i suppose they could be considered morning blends...
Either of these are my go-to for morning smokes. Especially CM (just did this morning). Highly recommended. CM is quite complex, yet not too much for the morning, and it's not heavy on the latakia.
post #10 of 12 Old 10-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Full grown Puffer Fish

C&D's Bayou Morning always does the trick for me in the morning. It's light, but has a touch of pepper in it and just... always hits the spot just right.

I will also do LTF in the morning, or some PA... but Bayou Morning always pulls me back in.

Where latakia's always taste better in the afternoon on the way home to me... I love Lats.. but in the morning they just don't strike the same cord to me YMMV
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
morning, smoke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page