July Tobacco of the Month Nominations - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-23-2014, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Leading Puffer Fish

Send a message via Yahoo to Chris0673
July Tobacco of the Month Nominations

Alrighty folks! It's that time of the month again! Yup that's right, time to nominate your favorite tobaccos for the the Tobacco of the Month poll! Since we are going into July let's see something patriotic...or something you like to smoke when you're feeling patriotic! Whatcha got, folks!

Last month's runners up:

Five O'clock Shadow - Red Virginias and perique, pressed into a cake with a pinch of dark-fired Kentucky for an extra bit of depth, C&D's "Five O'Clock Shadow" is blended to provide that simple sort of treat we could all use when the workday is, finally, over.

Squadron Leader - Bright and Dark Virginias blended together with Latakia and Turkish leaf to make this a cool medium bodied smoke.[/QUOTE]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-23-2014, 12:50 AM
Puffer Leviathan

Re: July Tobacco of the Month Nominations

Much as it seems like a no-brainer to nominate Missouri Meerschaum's new American Patriot blend, I have not had a chance to try it yet, and I'm guessing very few on the forum have, so it might have to wait until next July.

So, I'll pick another one to nominate. Drew Estate's Meat Pie, showing that despite our independence, there are some areas of our lives where the English still hold sway.

Drew Estate - Meat Pie - Tobacco Reviews

"Quite simply, my dear, tobacco is the greatest pleasure that we have ever discovered... I know of no other miracle like it in nature." -- Bela Lugosi, 1939
post #3 of 7 Old 06-23-2014, 03:01 AM
Philosopher Extraordinai

Send a message via Yahoo to Gigmaster

I'll definitely nominate Missouri Meerschaum American Patriot. It is like a slightly milder version of Seattle Pipe Club's Mississippi River. If you haven't tried this, yet, you're missing out.

post #4 of 7 Old 06-23-2014, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Leading Puffer Fish

All right! Off to a great start!

Five O'clock Shadow - Red Virginias and perique, pressed into a cake with a pinch of dark-fired Kentucky for an extra bit of depth, C&D's "Five O'Clock Shadow" is blended to provide that simple sort of treat we could all use when the workday is, finally, over.

Squadron Leader - Bright and Dark Virginias blended together with Latakia and Turkish leaf to make this a cool medium bodied smoke.

Drew Estate Meat Pie - We made a blend and called it "Meat Pie!" Daring to be just a little different, imagine we just re-wrote some classic turn-of-the century novel. A Pungent, Smoky, Medium bodied smoke that is the epitome of the word classic.

MM American Patriot Blend - American Patriot is a highly unusual type of blend to find in a pouch. This is a Latakia-based blend, enhanced by quality Virginia leaf, and the exotic influence of Turkish Smyrna, with just a touch of Burley for excellent burning characteristics. A light top note of Kentucky Bourbon makes for a nice addition to the aroma, but is undetectable in the flavor. For a superb value in an English-style blend, light up a bowl of American Patriot.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-23-2014, 05:51 PM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Well the 4th of July is the anniversary of our independence so how about Anniversary Kake blended by Hearth & Home (pipes and cigars) an American company.

I may be able to participate this month as I actually have some of the tobaccos nominated.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-25-2014, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Leading Puffer Fish

Last call! Poll goes up this afternoon!

Squadron Leader - Bright and Dark Virginias blended together with Latakia and Turkish leaf to make this a cool medium bodied smoke.

Drew Estate Meat Pie - We made a blend and called it "Meat Pie!" Daring to be just a little different, imagine we just re-wrote some classic turn-of-the century novel. A Pungent, Smoky, Medium bodied smoke that is the epitome of the word classic.

MM American Patriot Blend - American Patriot is a highly unusual type of blend to find in a pouch. This is a Latakia-based blend, enhanced by quality Virginia leaf, and the exotic influence of Turkish Smyrna, with just a touch of Burley for excellent burning characteristics. A light top note of Kentucky Bourbon makes for a nice addition to the aroma, but is undetectable in the flavor. For a superb value in an English-style blend, light up a bowl of American Patriot.

Anniversary Kake - Anniversary Kake - We wanted to celebrate the 1st anniversary of the Hearth and Home tobaccos with a special blend, and due to a fortunate "accident", we were able to create this one. We ordered a blending Virginia that we expected to be all Red, but it turned out to be a mixture of everything from Lemon through Brown, and when we opened the bag, the aroma was amazing. We were able to order more of this tobacco, and then we combined it with St. James Perique (a good amount), heat-treated and pressed it. The result is a smooth, flavorful cake with a mouth-watering chocolate and fig pouch aroma.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-02-2014, 05:59 PM
Dosidicus Pipa

I've tried all of these save the MM blend.

If you haven't tried Five O'Clock Shadow and you like VaPers and ODF you MUST try this stuff - it is simply amazing.

Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page