Where do you guys buy your new pipes - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 06-30-2014, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Do work son

Where do you guys buy your new pipes

I know many do eBay. I'm easily grossed out by that, and thought of putting my lips where many a mans has gone before makes me want to vomit. So I buy new. I have found Milan to have amazing pricing $20-40 less than msrp for nording and Peterson. But for cool looking pipes I like b&m because I can feel n touch and all that good stuff. I just feel bad shopping a shop then going on the internet and buying online. What do you guys do? Just buy all online and don't worry about not liking it? But all pipes from b&m? Or do you stick with ebay

To cease smoking is the easiest thing I ever did. I ought to know because I've done it a thousand times. ~Mark Twain :pipe:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-01-2014, 12:07 AM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Re: Where do you guys buy your new pipes

I too cringe at the thought of putting my lips on a used pipe...but, I decide to rather save some money and I generally buy used anyway. Besides, that's what Everclear is for...90% alcohol kills everything...everything!

But, on occasion...when the funds are there, I do buy from a B&M and online. But, for my main pipes, my MM's, I buy from whoever has the best deal at the time, including shipping.

Great question!

Join the NRA, ask me WHY! :cb CCF on Facebook
post #3 of 10 Old 07-01-2014, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Do work son

Yeah I hear you. Struggled all of my twenties and had to go cheap. Finally doing well enough buying a few new pipes each month won't get me divorced lol

To cease smoking is the easiest thing I ever did. I ought to know because I've done it a thousand times. ~Mark Twain :pipe:

post #4 of 10 Old 07-01-2014, 02:33 AM
Temp Ban for Rules Violation

Most of mine have come from SmokingPipes.com, but Milan and Iwan Ries have both made my pipe rack. I'm sure I've bought from others as well, but it's long enough ago that I can't remember where.

********.com
post #5 of 10 Old 07-01-2014, 08:07 AM
No longer a community member.

95% online- 90/10 mix new/estate. I shop around quite a bit but I'm rather impulsive so I tend to buy one when I least exect it as opposed say "I want a new pipe" and visiting the usual haunts.
post #6 of 10 Old 07-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Pipe'in Aint Easy

I am an Ebay man. Most of my estates have come from Ebay. I have also purchased from Smokingpipes.com and Aristocob.com.

I do frequent a couple antique stores in my town that seem to have a steady stream of estate pipes flowing in. I have bought a couple from them as well.

It's been nice, while it lasted.
post #7 of 10 Old 07-01-2014, 04:23 PM
tr0
Newbie in the ocean

Almost exclusively online. Going to a B&M will let you see the pipe before buying but you won't know how it smokes until many bowls have gone through it, and that's what's important. But mainly because the selection of tobaccos is much better online and I'm ordering stuff anyway.
post #8 of 10 Old 07-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Puffer Leviathan

The only new pipes I have are cobs, of which I have a good few. Mainly bought from Pipes & Cigars or Walker Briar Works.

The briars are all second-hand. I am not squicked by smoking a used pipe. I give them such a working over and sanitization they are probably cleaner (especially the stems) than when they were new. As a kid I was in band class, and often had to play on used brass instruments. The mouthpieces were just swabbed with a bit of rubbing alcohol, so I guess I got over any squeamishness. That and passing around smokes or bottles with my friends when I was a teen/college age.

"Quite simply, my dear, tobacco is the greatest pleasure that we have ever discovered... I know of no other miracle like it in nature." -- Bela Lugosi, 1939
post #9 of 10 Old 07-02-2014, 03:31 AM
Young Puffer Fish

I have no qualms about using an estate pipe. Clean that sucker up an you got yourself a deal.

I have bought pipes from, Aristocob, MM, customcorncobs, smokingpipes.com, Ebay and Yahoo Auctions Japan. Tend to find the best deals on YAJ.
post #10 of 10 Old 07-02-2014, 03:54 AM
Temp Ban for Rules Violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0 View Post
Almost exclusively online. Going to a B&M will let you see the pipe before buying but you won't know how it smokes until many bowls have gone through it, and that's what's important. But mainly because the selection of tobaccos is much better online and I'm ordering stuff anyway.
If I had the option of going to a B&M, I'd be all over it.

********.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page