Getting a new pipe for a longer smoke - Page 2 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 Old 03-03-2016, 05:28 PM
Young Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ras_oscar View Post
I have about a dozen pipes that suit my needs at present. However, I attend a monthly meeting at a local B&M store and would like to have a (larger ?) pipe that will smoke longer, to eliminate the need to repack . Should I be looking for a pipe with a wider bowl or a deeper bowl?
Well, that would all depend on what size bowls you have now. If there 3/4" dia.bowls I'd say go for a 7/8"dia. bowl. If your bowls are very shallow, such as only about an inch deep I'd look for a deeper bowl but, odds are just a larger diameter will do ya unless you wish to smoke for hours.
I get at least an hour smoke from a 7/8" dia bowl but, It also depends on how fast you smoke, I tend to be a slow smoker. Smoking a pipe too fast can lead to burn out or other problems as you know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 03-08-2016, 03:00 AM
Newbie in the ocean

20mm by 40mm seems to be the ceiling of my bearable size. Preferably I would smoke a pipe in group 2 or 3.
post #13 of 17 Old 03-08-2016, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfy View Post
20mm by 40mm seems to be the ceiling of my bearable size. Preferably I would smoke a pipe in group 2 or 3.

er.... Group 2 or 3? is there a size standard I am as of yet unaware of?

post #14 of 17 Old 03-08-2016, 11:17 AM
Young Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ras_oscar View Post
er.... Group 2 or 3? is there a size standard I am as of yet unaware of?
Group sizes are referring to the Dunhill size chart. A lot of people use it, I myself just thing it's silly, I just use the actual chamber size to guide me, to each his own I reckon.
Attached Images

post #15 of 17 Old 03-08-2016, 11:22 AM
CAT WRANGLER

Another version

http://www.eacarey.com/charts.html

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #16 of 17 Old 03-17-2016, 07:33 AM
Philosopher Extraordinai

Send a message via Yahoo to Gigmaster
For a larger pipe, that won't break the bank, I would recommend one of the Mr. Brog XL series. These things are huge, and should give you a 2-hour smoke. They are well under $100.00 (US). My favorite is my Missouri Meerschaum General. It gives me a good 1.5-hour+ smoke, and looks great. For around $13.00, it can't be beat. If you want something ridiculous, the Missouri Meerschaum MacArthur pipes will do nicely. Mine smokes for a good 2 hours, and really turns some heads. The Missouri Meerschaum Wizard is a huge churchwarden, and mine smokes for 2+ hours. The MacArthurs run less than $15.00, and the Wizard less than $26.00. You're not going to get any more bang for your buck than these. And, nothing smokes better than a Missouri Meerschaum...at any price.
post #17 of 17 Old 03-22-2016, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

I have a Misouri Meerschaum Country Gentlemen. I really like it.
NormH3 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page