What's happening to me.... - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 05-09-2019, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Alpha Puffer Fish

What's happening to me....

Guys, I'm not well. I'm out of control.

Last night, I went bonkers and ordered another 7 tins of baccy. Along with a two place pipe ashtray with cork knocker (that's tough to say without mispronouncing cork, btw) and a MM Mark Twain Cob.

I don't think I mentioned it, but I have an estate pipe that's as old as me coming in tomorrow.

I, currently, have three pipes on hand, with two more in the pipeline (pun intentional) to bring me up to 5 in the rotation. While this doesn't sound like much, consider that my first bowl was on 4-18. That's only 21 days into this!!!!

I would blame you guys, but this is all on me (and my credit card).

I don't know what I don't know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-09-2019, 01:10 PM
CAT WRANGLER

I had a hundred or so pipes and literally a dressers worth of tobacco in six months.. lol
Piper, Scap, Matt_21 and 4 others like this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #3 of 19 Old 05-09-2019, 02:14 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

You mentioned not being well and I was concerned but after reading your post I find everything to be right on track. Started 7 months ago and have a large wine cooler full of tobacco, and started buying expensive pipes for no reason. You won't find a better set of enablers than here.
Piper, Scap, JohnBrody15 and 2 others like this.

post #4 of 19 Old 05-09-2019, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Alpha Puffer Fish

I knew I could count on y'all.
Piper and OneStrangeOne like this.

post #5 of 19 Old 05-09-2019, 03:40 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

I merely want to point out, that with only 5 pipes you still need 2 more to complete the"pipe for each day of the week" rotation.

I also want to point out that orders over I 100 I think ship free from smoking pipes and p&c.. so cleaners, pipe tools, and baccy you haven't tried always help to round things out.

Wait, I think I misunderstood... You were looking for deterrent, not more enabling? I should really pay more attention.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk
Piper, cory1984, Scap and 3 others like this.
post #6 of 19 Old 05-09-2019, 04:25 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scap View Post
Guys, I'm not well. I'm out of control. I don't think I mentioned it, but I have an estate pipe that's as old as me coming in tomorrow.
At the risk of enabling, estate pipes, wisely chosen, are a very good deal. They're automatically less (often much less) than half the cost of the pipe new. Most of the reputable web sites offer good pipes. I've never tried eBay.
Scap and OneStrangeOne like this.
post #7 of 19 Old 05-09-2019, 04:34 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

u haven't even developed PAD yet!!!! u got pipe lighters, pipe bags, all the various tamps, waxes, polishes....ur barely scratching the surface...I've only got 50 pipes...the rule is u will always need one more pipe than u presently have...wait til u smoke a baccy that blows ur mind or u get a nice pipe with the perfect weight, feel and smokes perfectly...ur just getting started!!!! 5 pipes...7 is necessity...then you'll say well how about 20...and it don't stop!!! fun thou ain't it??!!
Piper, Scap, OneStrangeOne and 1 others like this.
post #8 of 19 Old 05-09-2019, 05:01 PM
Retired Chaos Designer

Personally, I think you’re showing a remarkable amount of restraint!
Fleabay is a mine field anymore, there are still a few trustworthy vendors and it’s still possible to get a ‘deal’ they’re just harder to find. Make sure and do your research before diving into the deep end of the bay.
Piper, cory1984, Scap and 1 others like this.

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
post #9 of 19 Old 05-09-2019, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrightdriver View Post
I merely want to point out, that with only 5 pipes you still need 2 more to complete the"pipe for each day of the week" rotation.

I also want to point out that orders over I 100 I think ship free from smoking pipes and p&c.. so cleaners, pipe tools, and baccy you haven't tried always help to round things out.

Wait, I think I misunderstood... You were looking for deterrent, not more enabling? I should really pay more attention.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk
I'm a sucker for free shipping, and find it way too easy to flip that switch.

post #10 of 19 Old 05-09-2019, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneStrangeOne View Post
Personally, I think you’re showing a remarkable amount of restraint!
Fleabay is a mine field anymore, there are still a few trustworthy vendors and it’s still possible to get a ‘deal’ they’re just harder to find. Make sure and do your research before diving into the deep end of the bay.
I'm not a big fan of the bay. I've had an account forever, and probably have less than a dozen purchases.
OneStrangeOne likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page