51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 Old 10-28-2019, 08:59 PM
Retired Chaos Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtAv8tor View Post
It will pop up as often as cello on or off

“I have you now” - Vader
Hell, there’s still people arguing Old vs New from when they changed manufacturers in the seventies!
cory1984 and Fusion like this.

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 10-28-2019, 09:00 PM
AKA Vader Clause

Dunhill is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneStrangeOne View Post
Hell, there’s still people arguing Old vs New from when they changed manufacturers in the seventies!

.45 Vs 9mm ...haha yeah now I am really stirring the pot

But I agree people will say new is not the same I am sure.

“I have you now” - Vader
OneStrangeOne and Fusion like this.

I am not dying until I am damn good and ready.
post #13 of 17 Old 10-28-2019, 09:13 PM
Retired Chaos Designer

Quote:
.45 Vs 9mm ...haha yeah now I am really stirring the pot

But I agree people will say new is not the same I am sure.

“I have you now” - Vader
I guess what gets me when the purists start in is that they seem to overlook the fact that each years tobacco crop is slightly different so every time they blend a new batch it WILL be slightly different, the only way it wouldn’t is if the manufacturers homogenized all their product like the cigarette companies do.
cory1984, Fusion and JtAv8tor like this.

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)

post #14 of 17 Old 10-28-2019, 09:16 PM
AKA Vader Clause

Dunhill is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneStrangeOne View Post
I guess what gets me when the purists start in is that they seem to overlook the fact that each years tobacco crop is slightly different so every time they blend a new batch it WILL be slightly different, the only way it wouldn’t is if the manufacturers homogenized all their product like the cigarette companies do.

That excites me, there are several cigars that I have long been fans of and from box to box of them I can pick up small differences. One of the things to me that makes it more interesting.

I have yet to experience that with pipes but lately I have really gotten my pipe pace down and been picking up more and more of the profile in my pipe baccy. I have actually been able to smoke more than 1-2 bowls a day without tongue bite, mainly because my pace and drying the baccy a lot more than I was.

“I have you now” - Vader

I am not dying until I am damn good and ready.
post #15 of 17 Old 10-28-2019, 09:21 PM
Retired Chaos Designer

Quote:
That excites me, there are several cigars that I have long been fans of and from box to box of them I can pick up small differences. One of the things to me that makes it more interesting.

I have yet to experience that with pipes but lately I have really gotten my pipe pace down and been picking up more and more of the profile in my pipe baccy. I have actually been able to smoke more than 1-2 bowls a day without tongue bite, mainly because my pace and drying the baccy a lot more than I was.

“I have you now” - Vader
I think it’s more obvious with cigars since their using bigger pieces of leaf, once they shred it for pipe tobacco I would think it would be a bit easier to maintain some consistency.
Piper, Fusion and JtAv8tor like this.

post #16 of 17 Old 11-13-2019, 10:35 AM
Just monkeyin' around!

From Tobacco Business Magazine:

Pipe smokers and premium tobacco retailers are surely rejoicing over the news that some of the best-known—and most-loved—tobacco blends are at last returning to the pipe tobacco market, thanks to Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG).

Dunhill’s Nightcap, Early Morning Pipe, De Luxe Mixture, Flake, Royal Yacht, Standard Mixture, Elizabethan Mixture and My Mixture 965 have been unavailable in the United States since the middle of 2018 after Dunhill announced that it would no longer sell or market cigars and pipe tobaccos. Upon learning the news, many pipe tobacco retailers and consumers stocked up on these favorite blends, hoping to savor them for years after they were no longer available. One need only have attended a recent pipe show to witness some of the steep prices those discontinued blends fetched from collectors to understand the status of Dunhill’s pipe tobacco blends in the pipe smoking world.

Starting in November however, those blends were once again made readily available for pipe connoisseurs to enjoy. STG, which had produced the blends for Dunhill for many years out of its factory in Assens, Denmark, has acquired the trademark and design rights of the blends in question and is now selling them as part of its Peterson pipe tobacco line, which was also recently acquired by STG. Other than the brand name under which they are sold, nothing else has changed about the blends.
Piper, cory1984, UBC03 and 3 others like this.

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain
post #17 of 17 Old 11-13-2019, 11:41 AM
H.R. Pufnstuf

Great, there goes counting on selling those tins for retirement....

Sent from: Bubba's Shine Palace...BYOJ...
Piper, cory1984, UBC03 and 1 others like this.

....that's almost like flying on a plane with one wing. ~Cigary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page