How do I clean a used pipe for trade? - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 7Likes
  • 4 Post By Fusion
  • 3 Post By JohnBrody15

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 11-04-2019, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Puffer Fish with some spikes

How do I clean a used pipe for trade?

Just wondering, how I should I clean a used pipe for trade (or sale for that matter)
Never done it, don't have clue but it's something I'd want to do right.

Should I just throw it in the grass and spray it real good with a water hose? LOL JK u know.

Thanks a million, Prozac

Just when think that you've been gyped
the bearded lady comes and does a double back flip!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-04-2019, 03:24 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

This is how i do it, its not the only way though

The Stem
Soak in a Oxyclean solution for about 3 hrs, if it had a logo on it dab some vaseline on the logo then rinse, run a few Alcohol soaked pipe cleaners thru it until they come out clean
I clean the stem and tooth chatter with Micro pads 2000 to 12000 grit, be warned if you use the oxyclean it will bring out all the nicotine on the outside of the stem and you will need to use the micro pads to get it off, looks bad until you do this, leave out the soaking part if you have no pads and use the alcohol and pipe cleaners only

The bowl
Fill bowl with coarse salt, tilt bowl so strumel is kinda pointing up at a 45 deg angle, drip isopropyl alcohol until it fills the bowl but try not to get any on the outside finish of the pipe or it will damage the finish. leave for a few hrs then wipe out with paper towel, if there is a lot of cake build up in the bowl, scrape it off using a pipe reamer but leave a little in, dont go too far.
I wont get into finishing the outside of the bowl. i try not to, a rub with polish helps

I gently bent one each into my nostrils, then put the remaining one in my mouf. --droy1958
post #3 of 3 Old 11-04-2019, 11:57 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

I've received pipes and given away pipes that haven't been smoked that much. In that case, sanitizing and a good polish is all that was necessary. If you're gonna sell the pipe, you might want to give it the full work up. Although I've seen pipes at estate sales that looked like Popeye smoked 'em, but they'll go for less money.
cory1984, Fusion and Prozac like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page