Smith House Pipes - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 4Likes
  • 3 Post By BudgetMinded
  • 1 Post By Olecharlie

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 01-22-2020, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Maturing Puffer Fish

Smith House Pipes

I bought a freehand style pipe with acrylic stem. I like the acrylic because I am not a clencher and I do like the neutral flavor it provides. I smoke outdoors so I don't want my stems to fade or simply get that rubberized character. It might not be the case with all ebonite. But I like the worry free nature of acrylic.

If you search the sold archives you will see my pipe it is the one that looks like a Nording in some ways. This pipe was calling to me because it didn't sell for months and months. It's a nice pipe, the slightly reserved draw makes it easier for me to sip on blends. So I like it. The flaw in the pipe would appear to be the when drilling the draught hole, there is tiny pock from the drill bit on the lower inside bowl...I know it could happen to anyone...

It was not photo'd in the sale page...I think it would have been nice to mention it. However instead of letting it upset me I just smoked the damn thing and I enjoy the pipe so all is moot. Consider it's 65$ pipe that looks sort of like a Nording or in that particular style.

I ordered another one and if it works out might get another, but not for awhile since I just can't afford anymore pipes at the moment.

So now I'm up to three good briars.

In a nutshell I'd say these pipes are nice at their respective price points. That is to say you want to get something more unique at the 65-100$ price point. It might be worth exploring if you are in the market for a pipe that is not too expensive but not so cheap. Much better I think to get a new pipe for a reasonable price than gamble on a lot of esate pipes with burned out bowls and sour stems
Piper, OneStrangeOne and Fusion like this.

Smoke the leaves not the bands
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Yesterday, 08:25 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Nice! Honestly after smoking my briars, the cob just doesn’t appeal to me anymore. Anyway good for ya man glad your moving on up...
Fusion likes this.

US Army Veteran 1974-1985
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page