Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes - Page 538 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 114Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #5371 of 5373 Old 06-04-2019, 12:10 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

@Moonshae, the advantage of jarring up the different genres of tobacco in their ziplocks, as Nathan @OneStrangeOne suggested, is that you can preserve them for future smoking if you don't immediately like them. You may find that a blend that doesn't speak to you at first will taste great sometime later as you get more experience. The two Captain Black pouches are probably a good place to start to develop your technique and your pipe palate. Dino @UBC03 certainly gave you a lot to work with, including those two great pipes. Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5372 of 5373 Old 06-05-2019, 08:35 AM
Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
@Moonshae, the advantage of jarring up the different genres of tobacco in their ziplocks, as Nathan @OneStrangeOne suggested, is that you can preserve them for future smoking if you don't immediately like them. You may find that a blend that doesn't speak to you at first will taste great sometime later as you get more experience. The two Captain Black pouches are probably a good place to start to develop your technique and your pipe palate. Dino @UBC03 certainly gave you a lot to work with, including those two great pipes. Enjoy!
Thanks, I understand the purpose of jarring, I just didn't know how much the flavors would mingle if jarred together. Is there a list somewhere of genres so I can figure out which can go together?
Piper likes this.
post #5373 of 5373 Old 06-05-2019, 03:11 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshae View Post
Thanks, I understand the purpose of jarring, I just didn't know how much the flavors would mingle if jarred together. Is there a list somewhere of genres so I can figure out which can go together?

If you want to know what the blend type of each tobacco is, if you go to tobaccoreviews, and search up one of your blends, it'll bring up info. You'll see "blend type." For a list of what each blend type is all about, instead of me linking a site, I'd say search up "pipe tobacco blend types" and look at 4 or 5 sites, so you can join us at the bottom of the rabbit hole of tobacco knowledge

Once you have that info, make sure to keep each "aromatic" tobacco in its own, separate jar. Maybe keep anything with latakia in one jar, separate from others? And definitely keep everything in their bags, which I'm sure goes without saying. If it were me, and since you have large samples, I'd probably just get everything it's own jar. Grab a box of jars at the store.
Piper, Moonshae and Dran like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page