Tobacco Appearances - Page 2 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 Old 11-26-2008, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

Re: Tobacco Appearances

So I am waiting for a friend of mine to get in to town for Thanksgiving break (he's up at Coos Bay Community College, I'm at Portland Community College), and we're gonna break out the pipes and try the Escudo this Saturday, at which point I will promptly post a review as an edit to my original post. p

Should I remove the photos other than the one of the tobacco itself from my original post?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 Old 11-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

What, you don't like your tobacco to look like rotten salami? :-)
post #13 of 25 Old 11-26-2008, 07:56 PM
Can walk again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morefifemusicanyone View Post
Good point!

If someone with mod-like powers could take the quoted photos out of my previous reply, I would appreciate it. My brain wasn't working after a full day of work and class.
Done! :tu

post #14 of 25 Old 11-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

From what I understand... we're going to have a thread (not this one but a new one) "devoted to how different types/brands of tobacco LOOK. ", in the original tin or out in bulk.

Also we're asking members not to " quote photos (like morefifemusicanyone did in this thread )...because it's "tedious to scroll through the same pics".

One picture should be sufficient.

It was mentioned that 'there'd be either a review of the tobacco or a link from someone who has reviewed it'.

My suggestion would be to focus on the 'Tobacco Appearances'/photos in this new thread; and since we already have a Review Forum, do the review of that tobacco in there and then give the link along with your photo.

Perhaps the name of this 'photo thread' could be something like..."Show Us a Picture of Your Pipe Tobacco".
post #15 of 25 Old 11-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Delusions of Grandeur

Sounds about right Blaylock....and as always we are humbled by your presence .

As a simple man, I hope for... prosperity for my friends, love from my family, a few ribbons of tobacco, and a cold beer.
post #16 of 25 Old 11-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Estate Pipe Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaylock View Post
From what I understand... we're going to have a thread (not this one but a new one) "devoted to how different types/brands of tobacco LOOK. ", in the original tin or out in bulk.

Also we're asking members not to " quote photos (like morefifemusicanyone did in this thread )...because it's "tedious to scroll through the same pics".

One picture should be sufficient.

It was mentioned that 'there'd be either a review of the tobacco or a link from someone who has reviewed it'.

My suggestion would be to focus on the 'Tobacco Appearances'/photos in this new thread; and since we already have a Review Forum, do the review of that tobacco in there and then give the link along with your photo.

Perhaps the name of this 'photo thread' could be something like..."Show Us a Picture of Your Pipe Tobacco".
So organized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaylock View Post
Also we're asking members not to " quote photos (like morefifemusicanyone did in this thread )...
I don't see where I quoted any photos. :bn

Where did my signature go? :crash:
post #17 of 25 Old 12-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox3l View Post
I think we really need a thread devoted to how different types/brands of tobacco LOOK. I'd personally like to see photos of what's in all the tins at the smoke shop before I buy them, just so I know what I'm getting into....
...So I think a thread should be made to show those of us who don't know what's in the tins lining the shelves what's in there! I also think it would be really cool to have a sort of encyclopedia of tobacco.
Found this on page 2. I thought this had the makings of a great thread...good idea!!!

??? What happened ???
post #18 of 25 Old 12-02-2008, 09:00 PM

Personally, I think a photo of the tin should be included, or even better, the tin and the tobacco in the same photo. There is a lot of cool tin covers and artwork out there, and it would be nice to associate the artwork with the appearance of the tobacco inside.

Aloha,
Justin
post #19 of 25 Old 12-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Delusions of Grandeur

Well I didn't know how this was going to play out (i.e. sticky/new thread etc)
and I didn't see anyone else participating so I thought it was dead.

Since the last pic post mentioned "sliced turd" I thought this would be appropriate for the second pic post.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend_...PHA=B&TID=1011

As a simple man, I hope for... prosperity for my friends, love from my family, a few ribbons of tobacco, and a cold beer.
post #20 of 25 Old 12-02-2008, 10:10 PM
No longer a community member.

Now that looks like a Burnt Prawn (BIG OLE SHRIMP!)

Shawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
appearances, tobacco

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page