Post a pic of your gun! - Page 124 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 1533Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1231 of 1334 Old 04-29-2019, 08:41 PM
Just monkeyin' around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sine_Qua_Non View Post
I can’t claim to be an expert on the classification, but they do seem a bit ridiculous and convoluted. Seems like thithe sort thing you get when people legislate things that they know nothing about.
Sorry to say, that pictograph just makes it more confusing. It's really pretty simple. And, while I agree about legislation by ill informed politicians (hence, if it's black and scary looking it must be more dangerous - WTH?).

But the SBR regulations are pretty straightforward, regardless of whether their basis is justified or not. The ATF has actually used some common sense in allowing pistol braces when they could just as easily have declared that if it can be used as a stock it must be considered a stock. But instead they left in a loophole that allows us to have a defacto SBR (sans C3 stamp) as long as we don't use it as one (see zombie comment above).
huffer33 likes this.

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1232 of 1334 Old 04-29-2019, 08:52 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

Two of my Ar-15 First is a 16 inch Daniel Defense, some upgrades such as gieselle trigger, eotech exps3, troy industries metal folding back up sights, and surefire m600 light.

The little guy is my baby lol,
mega arms upper and lower receiver
gieselle trigger
Daniel defense 10.3 inch barrel
gieselle upper shroud
and v7 products titanium lower parts kit
and AimPoint t2 micro

took 11 months at the time to get the form back from atf, no has 4000 rounds through it with out a problem

than of course the sig p226 legion addition and a glock 19 that I don't use at all because the I prefer the S&W M&P 9mm

then there are 11 others but most are just average
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161126_172239_zpsfigjmhxx.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	246026  

Name:	20161126_172441_zpsocinl6cq.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	246028  

Gumby-cr, JDom58, huffer33 and 1 others like this.
post #1233 of 1334 Old 04-29-2019, 08:57 PM
The Great Green One

Here she is ready to go to the range tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1944.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	985.3 KB
ID:	246030  

post #1234 of 1334 Old 04-29-2019, 11:21 PM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeonista View Post
Sorry to say, that pictograph just makes it more confusing. It's really pretty simple. And, while I agree about legislation by ill informed politicians (hence, if it's black and scary looking it must be more dangerous - WTH?).

But the SBR regulations are pretty straightforward, regardless of whether their basis is justified or not. The ATF has actually used some common sense in allowing pistol braces when they could just as easily have declared that if it can be used as a stock it must be considered a stock. But instead they left in a loophole that allows us to have a defacto SBR (sans C3 stamp) as long as we don't use it as one (see zombie comment above).
RE - the zombie thing. They changed their mind, yet again. They are good at that...
https://www.sigsauer.com/wp-content/...ch-21-2017.pdf

It is no longer a "redesign" of the pistol to a sbr merely for shouldering it with an unmodified brace they have approved. They did go after a guy for modifying a brace to be shouldered better though. No pads, leave the strap on, and leave it all original.

Edit - here it is. Apparently it was just a cane bumper to help it stand up in his safe, and the ATF lost the case.
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...e-prosecution/
curmudgeonista likes this.
post #1235 of 1334 Old 04-29-2019, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman9907 View Post
Two of my Ar-15 First is a 16 inch Daniel Defense, some upgrades such as gieselle trigger, eotech exps3, troy industries metal folding back up sights, and surefire m600 light.

The little guy is my baby lol,
mega arms upper and lower receiver
gieselle trigger
Daniel defense 10.3 inch barrel
gieselle upper shroud
and v7 products titanium lower parts kit
and AimPoint t2 micro

took 11 months at the time to get the form back from atf, no has 4000 rounds through it with out a problem

than of course the sig p226 legion addition and a glock 19 that I don't use at all because the I prefer the S&W M&P 9mm

then there are 11 others but most are just average
Very nice
Wildman9907 likes this.
post #1236 of 1334 Old 04-29-2019, 11:42 PM
Cheap and Cheerful

Bringing up the what flies and what doesn't reminds me of how silly it is to have to do all of the same checks to purchase a completely inert piece of 7075 aluminium with no moving parts as one would to buy a functioning firearm. Thank goodness I can still walk out within 15 minutes with one .
This past Saturday's new project pickup. Did some FDE paint inlay for a black and FDE build. 20" 223 Wylde crown cut bull barrel coming up.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.”
-Abraham Lincoln
post #1237 of 1334 Old 04-29-2019, 11:53 PM
Just monkeyin' around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huffer33 View Post
RE - the zombie thing. They changed their mind, yet again. They are good at that...
https://www.sigsauer.com/wp-content/...ch-21-2017.pdf

It is no longer a "redesign" of the pistol to a sbr merely for shouldering it with an unmodified brace they have approved. They did go after a guy for modifying a brace to be shouldered better though. No pads, leave the strap on, and leave it all original.

Edit - here it is. Apparently it was just a cane bumper to help it stand up in his safe, and the ATF lost the case.
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...e-prosecution/
Happy, happy, happy!

huffer33 and Wildman9907 like this.

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain
post #1238 of 1334 Old 04-30-2019, 01:23 AM

Recent acquisition of Bergara HMR Pro in 6.5 Creedmoor. Vortex AMG glass, KRG Bravo stock and Atlas PSR bipod. Some other extras, as well. Looking forward to sighting in and getting out to 1000 yard range in a couple months.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	106EEFBB-0AB0-44CE-9A0B-31251A6381CC.jpeg
Views:	28
Size:	667.2 KB
ID:	246050  

Hunt Hard, Kill Swiftly, Waste Nothing, Offer No Apologies...
post #1239 of 1334 Old 04-30-2019, 07:56 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeonista View Post
I don't think that bullpup chassis would work out without going to a rifle barrel. The pic you posted appears to have a 16" barrel... remember with a bullpup the barrel starts back where the action is, well behind the grip. The way I'm looking at it your existing pistol barrel would be buried way up inside of the chassis, which not only would make it an SBR, but seems like it'd be too darned easy to shoot your own fingers off!

Besides, an AR (or other advanced) pistol with a brace is way cooler anyway. You're not allowed to shoulder it legally; you can actually be charged with owning an unregistered SBR if you get caught doing that. But when zombies start attacking, who cares?
Zombies!!! It's always zombies!!!

With that being the case, I hope it's the slow ones, and not the fast ones.. us smokers might be in trouble guns or not.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk
curmudgeonista likes this.
post #1240 of 1334 Old 05-07-2019, 09:07 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

Getting things packed for my upcoming hog hunt trip...
taking the wife’s AK along for this one

-Aaron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
gun, pic, post

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page