Post a pic of your gun! - Page 128 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 1525Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1271 of 1330 Old 07-29-2019, 04:29 PM
The Great Green One

Took my 556 that has a new muzzle brake on it to the range today. Asked for a lane that was NOT by the wall. Got it. 4 other people in my side of the range. Guy to the left of me shooting a 1911. Guy to the right of me shooting a 357 revolver. I slowly load my magazine up with 20 rounds of 55gr ammo. After my 1st shot the range went quiet (well except for mine) for the next few minutes. I eject my empty magazine, lay my rifle down on the stand and step back a few feet. I wish I could have taken pics of the looks on the guy to the left of me. I think he crapped his pants. I was honestly sorry and apologized to him but I couldn't help but giggle a little bit for the next 30 minutes I was there shooting another 80 rounds through it. Even the range officer gave me a look like holy fudge that's loud
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1272 of 1330 Old 07-29-2019, 04:49 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby-cr View Post
Took my 556 that has a new muzzle brake on it to the range today. Asked for a lane that was NOT by the wall. Got it. 4 other people in my side of the range. Guy to the left of me shooting a 1911. Guy to the right of me shooting a 357 revolver. I slowly load my magazine up with 20 rounds of 55gr ammo. After my 1st shot the range went quiet (well except for mine) for the next few minutes. I eject my empty magazine, lay my rifle down on the stand and step back a few feet. I wish I could have taken pics of the looks on the guy to the left of me. I think he crapped his pants. I was honestly sorry and apologized to him but I couldn't help but giggle a little bit for the next 30 minutes I was there shooting another 80 rounds through it. Even the range officer gave me a look like holy fudge that's loud
How long is your barrel?

I think the worst I've ever experienced, and it's a toss up between these two, is a 308 SBR that my buddy has and a Browning something or other Magnum with a BOSS brake attached.
The 308 SBR was indoors and I thought my lungs collapsed when he pulled the trigger. The guy shooting the Browning hunting rifle was outdoors, but the roof was very low and I had to get my buddy to remove my ear plugs with needle nose pliers when we got done.

The big 460 and 500 mag Smith revolvers are nasty too. Almost need a mouthpiece to keep from having a tooth cracked when the guy next to you lights one off unexpectedly.
TonyBrooklyn likes this.

I don't know what I don't know.
post #1273 of 1330 Old 07-29-2019, 04:53 PM
The Great Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scap View Post
How long is your barrel?

I think the worst I've ever experienced, and it's a toss up between these two, is a 308 SBR that my buddy has and a Browning something or other Magnum with a BOSS brake attached.
The 308 SBR was indoors and I thought my lungs collapsed when he pulled the trigger. The guy shooting the Browning hunting rifle was outdoors, but the roof was very low and I had to get my buddy to remove my ear plugs with needle nose pliers when we got done.

The big 460 and 500 mag Smith revolvers are nasty too. Almost need a mouthpiece to keep from having a tooth cracked when the guy next to you lights one off unexpectedly.
16 inch barrel. I'm having doubts about getting a muzzle brake for my 300 blackout which is also has a 16 inch barrel. This is at an indoors range too since all the outdoor ranges near me you have to be in a high end club to join (and know someone in said club to even be considered to be able to join).
TonyBrooklyn likes this.

post #1274 of 1330 Old 07-29-2019, 04:56 PM
Maturing Puffer Fish

I had the long range to myself Friday. 6.5X47L
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00000IMG_00000_BURST20190726111703740_COVER.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	254332  

Jankjr, Piper, Gumby-cr and 5 others like this.
post #1275 of 1330 Old 07-29-2019, 04:58 PM
Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppajon75 View Post
That's a bench baby designated plinker. Or if a buddy had a nice porch to lay the bipod on to sight in some varmints...
A higher magnification scope would help with that.
post #1276 of 1330 Old 07-29-2019, 06:05 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:
16 inch barrel. I'm having doubts about getting a muzzle brake for my 300 blackout which is also has a 16 inch barrel. This is at an indoors range too since all the outdoor ranges near me you have to be in a high end club to join (and know someone in said club to even be considered to be able to join).
Ah, the 16" bbls are definitely loud. Shorter is worser.
Gumby-cr and TonyBrooklyn like this.

I don't know what I don't know.
post #1277 of 1330 Old 07-29-2019, 07:35 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote:

Haha! Thatís awesome! Sounds like me when I took my CCW. I was in a class with mostly women who were renting the little Walter .22ís to take the class. Scared the crap out of them because I was shooting the test with my 1911.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gumby-cr, TonyBrooklyn and jmt8706 like this.

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late" - JB
post #1278 of 1330 Old 08-27-2019, 11:08 PM
S&W
Puffer Fish with many spikes

Original Colt Trooper .38 Special from 1959. LNIB with all the paperwork including factory test target. This is my favorite non-S&W revolver.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0205182032a.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	256970  

post #1279 of 1330 Old 08-28-2019, 03:10 PM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&W View Post
Original Colt Trooper .38 Special from 1959. LNIB with all the paperwork including factory test target. This is my favorite non-S&W revolver.
Awesome I can see why.

random capitalization courtesy of gboard
Piper and TonyBrooklyn like this.
post #1280 of 1330 Old 09-11-2019, 05:39 PM
Just monkeyin' around!

A couple of new AR's from PSA.

Post a pic of your gun!-psa-ars-2000x1500.jpg
Jankjr, Piper, Gumby-cr and 5 others like this.

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
gun, pic, post

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page