Has anyone evre seen this done to a Warranty Seal Before??? - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 02-22-2012, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Not so young Puffer

Has anyone evre seen this done to a Warranty Seal Before???

I just got this box of RyJ Wide Churchills from a Vendor that I have never used before. This vendor was green lighted by Experienced members of this Forum. I just have never seen this done before. Should I be concerned? Has anyone ever received their Cigars with the Warranty Seal like this before? It looks like the Barcaode was cut off.

Has anyone evre seen this done to a Warranty Seal Before???-img_1241.jpg

When you feel like you have too many cigars without anywhere to put them....you ACTUALLY have a 'Space' problem and need to get more 'Space' for more cigars. I hope this is clear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-22-2012, 05:12 PM
JGD
Formally "jadeg001"

Re: Has anyone evre seen this done to a Warranty Seal Before???

It's very common. They do not want the boxes to be tracked by HSA to the distributer because the website you bought them from was likely not authorized to sell them.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-22-2012, 05:40 PM
JGD
Formally "jadeg001"

Here is a description of why the barcode is missing for those who are not familiar with this process:

The damaged warranty seal is common with grey market vendors. Basically, how it works is that HSA sends an allotment to each distributer, who in turn send out the product to LCdHs and other officially authorized dealers. What these dealers get, they are allowed to sell to the general public. Now, in order to make more money, it is common that the distributer, or even other authorized stores will then sell their allotted product in bulk to other stores that were not supposed to receive the product. An example of this would be if a LCdH in England gets a monthly allotment of 1000 boxes delivered by the English distributer. Now, that same LCdH generally sells about 500 boxes a month to their customers. So, in order to offset the incoming product they will sell the extra 500 boxes to a Swiss company that moves much more product, therefore they make more money than if they only sold to their customers. Technically, the English LCdH should inform their distributer of the excess merchandise, who should in turn either adjust the monthly allotment to another English store that sells more product a month, or inform HSA, who will adjust that distributer's monthly allotment because of the overall shortage of Cuban cigars in the market compared to customer demand world wide. Again, no one wants that because it would mean less money will be made.

Now, back to the warranty seal. What has been ripped off is a barcode that allows the customer to check the authenticity, and HSA to determine where the cigars should have been sold. The website does that to ensure that HSA does not find out where the box they sold originally come from, because if they did then they would cut off the product to that entity, thus eliminating the amount of product available to the website.

post #4 of 7 Old 02-23-2012, 09:09 AM
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!

Nothing to add nice post James!

"Dear Lord Thank you for your protection and your many signs along the way. Thank you for any good that I may have done, I'm so sorry about the bad."- Eli
post #5 of 7 Old 02-23-2012, 09:21 AM
Nee "Tashaz"

We are going through this again? It really would be nice if those new to the Habanos section would read a little first, you are not new here Ray. This stuff is not rocket science. Nice box of cigars though.

Jim has it covered.

Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-23-2012, 09:25 AM
No longer a community member.

Ditto very well explained Jim and what I have learned as well. some steer clear of these I am fine with them myself.
post #7 of 7 Old 02-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Smoking Volunteer

Everyone gets nervous the first time they see this. Jim explained the reasons this happens beautifully.

I have only one thing to add. Only legitimate boxes have the bar code removed. Purveyers of fakes have multiple beautiful seals.

Out of the blue and into the black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page