Okay so what is your most consistent smaller Habano read on i shall explain. - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 08-26-2019, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!

Okay so what is your most consistent smaller Habano read on i shall explain.

Okay so here it is i think i have too much time on my hands. Sitting around all day i got to thinking about something @Perfecto Dave said. He spoke of the inconsistency from not only box to box. But even within the same box, i read his post this morning. Didn't think much about it, but sitting around all day watching water boil. Can do strange things to ones perspective. Or has it i grabbed 3 H UPMANN Half Coronas from each of two boxes i recently purchase. Setting aside for a moment were they where purchased. Color of wrappers etc.I did indeed notice a lot of variation between same cigars from the same boxes. Anybody else notice this with your favorite smaller Cigar?
Cigary and Perfecto Dave like this.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
Jimi Hendrix

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 08-26-2019, 04:44 PM
CAT WRANGLER

BCJs.. had a few that were a little tight but with my limited knowledge my boxes seemed pretty consistent..

A little out of the box thinking.. the quints I get may be all over the map as far as wrapper color, but as far as taste and construction. They're very consistent. I've smoked a ton of these cheapies and never had one fall apart or cave my head in when I tried to draw on it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #3 of 16 Old 08-26-2019, 04:57 PM
One of the a-holes

Of course Quints will be consistent.
They’re the particle board of the lumber yard.

I found the Montecristo PE to be consistent.

Blue Lives Matter

post #4 of 16 Old 08-26-2019, 04:59 PM
CAT WRANGLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
Of course Quints will be consistent.

They’re the particle board of the lumber yard.

I found the Montecristo PE to be consistent.
I knew that'd get you in on this... lol

Could of said JLPs or Pesos.. lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #5 of 16 Old 08-26-2019, 05:04 PM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

The few boxes of RASCC I've purchased have been spot on.

Sent from The Cauldron Of Insanity

ANYTIME IS STOGIE TIME!
post #6 of 16 Old 08-26-2019, 05:04 PM
One of the a-holes

Only because they were specifically mentioned. I’m not a fan of any smoke made of scraps, though I understand they have their place.
Sorry to hijack.
And now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Blue Lives Matter
post #7 of 16 Old 08-29-2019, 10:41 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

I think there is always inconsistent cigars in the same box be it wrapper color to tightness of roll.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
post #8 of 16 Old 09-04-2019, 10:19 PM
Dark Side

From what i understand the picker who places the cigars in the box tries to maintain the same wrapper color uniformly throughout the box. The color will vary from darker to lighter from left to right. With so many rollers
rolling the same vitola and each having they're own tobacco to roll from it is inevitable that consistency will suffer.I know that they're rolling from the same harvest and the same field but while every plant is similar they still are each unique. (when you plant your garden tomatoes if you plant 5 same seedlings are each of them and their fruit exactly the same) I think the only thing that can help offset this is letting the box take a deep sleep not a short nap. Then again bro wtf do i know. just my 2 cent on that subject..
post #9 of 16 Old 09-04-2019, 11:21 PM
Just monkeyin' around!

Hey, it's Cuba! There's certainly going to be some variation from box to box. Not always easy to say within the same box, though of course it happens. But it can be a matter of time and conditions too.

As for most consistent? I want to say Monte #5 is pretty consistent flavor-wise. But that's sure not absolute, just better than most.

And maybe surprisingly, among the most consistent small cigars for me are RyJ Coronitas en Cedros. Might sound like I'm making a joke with that - they do all look the same more so than most, seein' as they're wrapped in cedar. But, no, those little "cheap & cheerfuls" have been extremely consistent for me over a dozen or more boxes since I first got onto them some years ago. That's wrapper color, flavor profile, and draw.
TonyBrooklyn, UBC03 and huffer33 like this.

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain
post #10 of 16 Old 09-05-2019, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avitti View Post
From what i understand the picker who places the cigars in the box tries to maintain the same wrapper color uniformly throughout the box. The color will vary from darker to lighter from left to right. With so many rollers
rolling the same vitola and each having they're own tobacco to roll from it is inevitable that consistency will suffer.I know that they're rolling from the same harvest and the same field but while every plant is similar they still are each unique. (when you plant your garden tomatoes if you plant 5 same seedlings are each of them and their fruit exactly the same) I think the only thing that can help offset this is letting the box take a deep sleep not a short nap. Then again bro wtf do i know. just my 2 cent on that subject..
WTF do any of us know bro. We are just spitting in the wind as Grandma would say LOL!
avitti, UBC03 and huffer33 like this.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
Jimi Hendrix

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page