Oklahoma??? - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 05-30-2012, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Newbie in the ocean

Oklahoma???

Should Oklahoma be included in this section? I couldn't find it included in any of the regional sub-forums. Does it truly fall under the "Everywhere Else" category or is this an oversight?

Hoping to find future OK events and post about them if I hear about any.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-02-2012, 06:59 PM
"Witchdoctor"

Re: Oklahoma???

I usually post Oklahoma events in the "Everywhere else" section. I guess we in the great planes don't count as a specific region of the country.

I don't catch all the events in the area but when I hear of one I will post it up there.

You can also go check out the "groups" and there is one for oklahoma smokers. I am down in OKC but make it up to tulsa every now and then.

And welcome to the boards.

Man I wish I had something witty and inspiring to say. Or even a URL to share.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-02-2012, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Newbie in the ocean

Thanks for the welcome and the answer. I'll make sure to check those areas instead then.

Thanks again

post #4 of 8 Old 10-26-2014, 08:16 PM
Maturing Puffer Fish

Really think this should be bumped up.Seems that Oklahoma is the only state not listed and from this I can see
it has never been.Are we special,or do they fear our smoking community,I would think we qualify as a
state,even if we can't always spell correctly.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-26-2014, 11:15 PM
Disinterested

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnmc77 View Post
Should Oklahoma be included in this section? I couldn't find it included in any of the regional sub-forums. Does it truly fall under the "Everywhere Else" category or is this an oversight?

Hoping to find future OK events and post about them if I hear about any.

Thanks
Gosh, it seems we're seeing some "Necro-posting" on this old topic. OK has always fit into the "Everywhere Else" area. I've personally never seen where OK has aligned itself according to any regional designation. It's certainly not "midwest" and since it did't secede from the Union in, "The Unfortunate War of Northern Aggression", it's never really been associated with the South, either. It's not "West", since it rides too far East. Honestly, I wouldn't know where to put it. It's just always been respected as, "it's own thing", I guess.

This might be a question best settled by the OK state legislature, or the Gubner.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-27-2014, 03:58 AM
Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herf N Turf View Post
Gosh, it seems we're seeing some "Necro-posting" on this old topic. OK has always fit into the "Everywhere Else" area. I've personally never seen where OK has aligned itself according to any regional designation. It's certainly not "midwest" and since it did't secede from the Union in, "The Unfortunate War of Northern Aggression", it's never really been associated with the South, either. It's not "West", since it rides too far East. Honestly, I wouldn't know where to put it. It's just always been respected as, "it's own thing", I guess.

This might be a question best settled by the OK state legislature, or the Gubner.
Gubner////She doesn't smoke.....at least I don't see her as smoking....We weren't a state during that war so we couldn't take sides,just aligned with whoever was here and had whiskey.
I thought we were supposed to go through all the old post to learn stuff.
post #7 of 8 Old 10-28-2014, 01:54 AM
Disinterested

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMason View Post
I thought we were supposed to go through all the old post to learn stuff.

I don't know about "supposed to", but I can tell you, I did. I lurked this forum for a very long time before I finally joined.

...best online thing I ever did... but that's another story altogether.
post #8 of 8 Old 10-28-2014, 02:49 AM
Maturing Puffer Fish

I'm cerntainly glad I found this forum,I've had a lot of fun and learned a few things.Great bunch of compatriots.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page