Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

Puff Cigar Discussion Forums (https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/)
-   Midwest (https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/midwest/)
-   -   Oklahoma??? (https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/midwest/180434-oklahoma.html)

shawnmc77 05-30-2012 04:44 PM

Oklahoma???

Should Oklahoma be included in this section? I couldn't find it included in any of the regional sub-forums. Does it truly fall under the "Everywhere Else" category or is this an oversight?

Hoping to find future OK events and post about them if I hear about any.

Thanks

gasdocok 06-02-2012 06:59 PM

Re: Oklahoma???

I usually post Oklahoma events in the "Everywhere else" section. I guess we in the great planes don't count as a specific region of the country.

I don't catch all the events in the area but when I hear of one I will post it up there.

You can also go check out the "groups" and there is one for oklahoma smokers. I am down in OKC but make it up to tulsa every now and then.

And welcome to the boards.

shawnmc77 06-02-2012 09:52 PM

Thanks for the welcome and the answer. I'll make sure to check those areas instead then.

Thanks again

LostMason 10-26-2014 08:16 PM

Really think this should be bumped up.Seems that Oklahoma is the only state not listed and from this I can see
it has never been.Are we special,or do they fear our smoking community,:smokin:I would think we qualify as a
state,even if we can't always spell correctly.:attention:

Herf N Turf 10-26-2014 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnmc77 (Post 3586691)
Should Oklahoma be included in this section? I couldn't find it included in any of the regional sub-forums. Does it truly fall under the "Everywhere Else" category or is this an oversight?

Hoping to find future OK events and post about them if I hear about any.

Thanks

Gosh, it seems we're seeing some "Necro-posting" on this old topic. OK has always fit into the "Everywhere Else" area. I've personally never seen where OK has aligned itself according to any regional designation. It's certainly not "midwest" and since it did't secede from the Union in, "The Unfortunate War of Northern Aggression", it's never really been associated with the South, either. It's not "West", since it rides too far East. Honestly, I wouldn't know where to put it. It's just always been respected as, "it's own thing", I guess.

This might be a question best settled by the OK state legislature, or the Gubner. ;)

LostMason 10-27-2014 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herf N Turf (Post 4077291)
Gosh, it seems we're seeing some "Necro-posting" on this old topic. OK has always fit into the "Everywhere Else" area. I've personally never seen where OK has aligned itself according to any regional designation. It's certainly not "midwest" and since it did't secede from the Union in, "The Unfortunate War of Northern Aggression", it's never really been associated with the South, either. It's not "West", since it rides too far East. Honestly, I wouldn't know where to put it. It's just always been respected as, "it's own thing", I guess.

This might be a question best settled by the OK state legislature, or the Gubner. ;)

Gubner////She doesn't smoke.....at least I don't see her as smoking....We weren't a state during that war so we couldn't take sides,just aligned with whoever was here and had whiskey.
I thought we were supposed to go through all the old post to learn stuff.

Herf N Turf 10-28-2014 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostMason (Post 4077358)
I thought we were supposed to go through all the old post to learn stuff.

:thumb:

I don't know about "supposed to", but I can tell you, I did. I lurked this forum for a very long time before I finally joined.

...best online thing I ever did... but that's another story altogether.

LostMason 10-28-2014 02:49 AM

I'm cerntainly glad I found this forum,I've had a lot of fun and learned a few things.Great bunch of compatriots.