What are you listening to? - Page 3 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 1710Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 11071 Old 11-22-2004, 06:31 PM

Re: What are you listening to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch
Ya I know it poker, check this out :
I am listening to my heart cry and my boss telling me that I will be too busy for the next month. Problem here is that a fellow worker's friend has won a free all expenses paid trip for two to Cuba ( I live in Canada). This person cannot go and was selling the all-inclusive trip for two for $800 CAD ($670 USD). :mad: No luck when you need it. They have now sold the trip to someelse that I do not know.
That sucks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 11071 Old 11-22-2004, 08:18 PM
Skeeter's Confidant

Thumbs up Re: What are you listening to?

SRV, Live at Montreux 1982 & 1985 on DVD.

Skeeter a bad influence? I think not.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #23 of 11071 Old 11-22-2004, 11:05 PM
CS Noob Ambassador

At the moment its Pantera - CFH!

PaulMac

post #24 of 11071 Old 11-22-2004, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Ahhhh........ another metalhead. I also get down with the harder stuff. And I've got to say that Damageplan's new album is awesome, even though its minus Anselmo. He really made Pantera what it is today. I like is sideproject, DOWN. Awesome southern metal band.
post #25 of 11071 Old 11-22-2004, 11:19 PM
Funky Monkey

Send a message via MSN to WillyGT

right now Kid Rock - COwboy :P
post #26 of 11071 Old 11-22-2004, 11:32 PM

Alright, this is a thread that brings me out of lurking mode. I love the Fugazi and Minor Threat references. I love the old hardcore, but never got into the straightedge movement, I like my vices too much. But Old School punk rock gets me every time. Today I've been listening to Black Flag's Damaged, The Clash on Broadway and the Minutemen's Double Nickels On The Dime.
post #27 of 11071 Old 11-22-2004, 11:49 PM
IHT
-

this is hilarious!! two guys i'd never imagine listening to fugazi or minor threat... hell, i sat on stage with fugazi when they first came out, right next to ian on the guitar... "sitting in the waiting room". but that is nothing compared to minor threat..

yes, i was a straight-edge skinhead... ah... those were the days.... S.H.A.R.P. skin at that (skin heads AGAINST racial prejudice), keep that in mind. i don't want to get into all that stuff, it had to deal with it all the time in the 80s...

anyway, what am "I" listening to today?
well, on my long drive from the KC area to STL for my grandmas funeral, i went in this order:
Bjork
System of a Down
Bad Brains
Bad Brains
Rage Against the Machine

talk about hardcore stuff... i could talk all day. any show that played in the STL area from, say, '85 - 90, i was there. pick a group... black flag was the first show i went to... my 16th B-day was spent getting my chin gashed open to a canadian band called SNFU (very cool singer, i talked to him for about an hour).

ah.... those were the days.

btw - my favorite black flag album is "my war". the first side is all hyped up, the 2nd side is only 3 songs, but they're 15 minutes each. when i would get depressed, i'd listen to the 2nd side all night long.

but, as my contest proved, BAD BRAINS is the best band of all time.

one time in school, our project was to name all the groups we've seen in concert.. some people had 1 or 2 groups, i filled up 2 pages front and back... obscure bands from all over the country... from NY (agnostic front 4 times, warzone twice) from chi (life sentence) from colorado (dead silence) to all the LA bands (7 seconds, circle jerks - in the same show!) even some cool pre-grunge groups in seattle, like the accused and a straight-edge group from up there as well, the brotherhood....

okay, i'll shut up now.

"To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."
post #28 of 11071 Old 11-23-2004, 01:09 AM

I love this. My very first concert was in 1986 and it was in Bremerton, a small navy town outside of Seattle, at a closed roller skating rink. It was the Accused, DRI and a death metal band called Holy Terror.

Although, as a Seattle transplant to my new hometown of Reno, I must point out that 7 Seconds was a Reno band, not LA. And Black Flag's My War is a remarkable album and definitely one for the ages.

Almost forgot to add that Bad Brains is one of my favorite bands of all time! Rock For Light is amazing. Who would have thought that three Rastafarians (who started what they thought would be a jazz fusion band) would leave such a mark on hardcore?
post #29 of 11071 Old 11-23-2004, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

Currently listening to DOWN's "Ghosts Along the Mississippi"
post #30 of 11071 Old 11-23-2004, 03:38 AM
Funky Monkey

Send a message via MSN to WillyGT

Right now it is Rammstein - Eifersucht
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
listening

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page