601 Serie Habano Oscuro La Fuerza Review - Page 2 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 Old 06-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Genie of the White Gin

Big fan of the 601 Green, They are best with about 3-6 months age on them in my opinion.

“Beware the dangerous cigar,which brings with it the glass and the scarlet woman!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 06-24-2008, 02:17 PM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreySmoke View Post
Big fan of the 601 Green, They are best with about 3-6 months age on them in my opinion.
I agree. But I don't think Eddie Ortega would agree with that. I'll never forget what I heard Eddie say to somebody at a 601 event. This guy told Eddie he was going to put away the cigars he just bought to get some time on them. Eddie's reply:

"Why, are they going to go off? "
post #13 of 15 Old 06-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Genie of the White Gin

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerd35 View Post
I agree. But I don't think Eddie Ortega would agree with that. I'll never forget what I heard Eddie say to somebody at a 601 event. This guy told Eddie he was going to put away the cigars he just bought to get some time on them. Eddie's reply:

"Why, are they going to go off? "
Maybe but whem my last box was fresh (Jan) they were bitter about half way through and now I absolutle nub and burn fingers on every one!!!

“Beware the dangerous cigar,which brings with it the glass and the scarlet woman!"

post #14 of 15 Old 06-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreySmoke View Post
Maybe but whem my last box was fresh (Jan) they were bitter about half way through and now I absolutle nub and burn fingers on every one!!!
Yeah, I prefer aged cigars in general. I'll gladly trade off the little bit of flavor or oil that could possibly get lost in favor of the mellowness and smoothness of the flavors that marry.
post #15 of 15 Old 06-24-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCcigar View Post
:smoke:

This is my first review and I wanted to review a cigar that I have not yet had the pleasure of smoking. I am a big Pepin fan and have smoked all the 601s, except for the Habano Oscuro (Green Label). My expectations were high, and my feelings were right. This is one hell of a cigar!

Size: La Fuerza (Toro) 5 1/2" X 54

The Pre-Lite:
Flawless construction and an effortless draw.

The lite: Straight up cracked black pepper made my tongue tingle and my nose burn. :eeek:

The burn: Perfect. Not once did I have to reach for my lighter to touch it up.

This is what I love in a cigar - Complexity! The entire smoke has a strong presence of cracked black pepper, with a hit of chocolate and cream. :dribble:

Damn thing was so good, I almost took a bite of it! :dribble:

Considering my tastes and the fact that I am pretty damn critical about things, I have to give this cigar a score of a....

It really could not have been a better smoke. Nothing is absolutely perfect, so that is why I had it give it a 99.

Once you finish this cigar, you will be craving MORE! :dribble:

Will I buy more? You better believe I will....
I am glad to hear you enjoyed or grenn label, the La Punta is my favorite size out of the greens & I rarely smoke figurados. Thanks for the great review. Make sure you try our new Cubao, being released this summer.

Keep smoking!

Patrick Vivalo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
601, fuerza, habano, oscuro, review, serie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page