ERdM Oscuro Robusto - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-30-2009, 04:11 AM Thread Starter
Leading Puffer Fish

ERdM Oscuro Robusto

Tonight, I'm having the El Rey del Mundo Oscuro Robusto, a fat little 54-ring bastard. This is my first ERdM. I just bought it on the name. It was tissue-wrapped, so I wasn't even sure what I was getting. I don't regret it. First off, the appearance is beautiful. The dark chocolate-brown wrapper is perfectly applied, no wrinkles or lumps, and just a few very small veins. I would almost say it was "leathery", even. The construction is top-notch, too. The body is very firmly packed. It's not rock hard, and it's not spongy. Just right. I decided to use my bullet punch tonight, instead of my usual double-blade cutter.

Just about an inch into it, I've just ashed it for the first time. The ash is very white and solid. So far, the burn just a thin black line, almost perfectly straight around. I'm getting plenty of thick smoke. This is a very mild-n-mellow cigar. The smoke is very cool and smooth. The room aroma is very pleasant. If you're looking for something you might get away with smoking in the house this winter, this might be a good candidate.

After two inches, the ash is still solid, and the burn is still straight. The smoke is still cool and smooth. You can snork this or "French curl" it, and it doesn't hurt.

Well, I don't really have a lot more to say about this cigar, so I'm just going to finish it. It's just a very mild, perfectly-constructed cigar. If you're looking for a Pepin-style pepper bomb that will knock your knickers off and make your head spin, this one ain't going to get you there. But if you're like me, and like to have mild cigars to throw into your rotation, then you might have something. I don't know if I need a whole box of them, but I wouldn't mind having a 5-pack stashed in the humidor.

"That's destruction at its finest!" - R. Lee Ermey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Full grown Puffer Fish

Re: ERdM Oscuro Robusto

Thanks for the review. I really like the robusto oscuros; they were one of the first cigars I ever bought randomly and actually enjoyed. Nice price too. I really enjoy the rectangulare as well. It has a natural wrapper instead of an oscuro, but it's still a very, very good cigar.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 5 Old 10-31-2009, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Leading Puffer Fish

My sense of taste is pretty jacked up, so when I'm smoking something for the first time, I'm never sure if what I'm experiencing is anywhere close to reality. A few of them, smoked over the space of several months, then I start to think, "Yeah, this is what this cigar is like". I just didn't pick up a lot of "extra" flavors in this, which will turn a lot of people off. What it really did was, made me want to try some other things from ERdM, if this is an indication of the way they build cigars.

"That's destruction at its finest!" - R. Lee Ermey

post #4 of 5 Old 10-31-2009, 12:44 AM
Zen Master ZingTwang

I love the ERDM RO's. I always have some on hand.
Great review.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Leading Puffer Fish

Good review.

I too keep the ERDM Oscuro on hand. It is a good smoke. They're not very complex but interesting enough to not be boring. Construction has always been great. They are a smoke you don't need to think about much...you just enjoy them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
erdm, oscuro, robusto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page