Rocky Patel Fusion Double Maduro Toro - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-02-2010, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
Temp Ban for Rules Violation

Rocky Patel Fusion Double Maduro Toro

Got this in the Newbie PIF from Brian - bbrodnax. Really enjoyable way to spend the evening. The heat of summer is waning, and it was only 90 degrees or so when we headed out to the patio not long before sundown. With the ceiling fan kicking up some breeze, and the real thing rustling through the trees, I cut the head and drew a breath of chocolate and rich tobacco before lighting up.

It's a beautiful stick - great maduro color, straight, firm construction, and two - yes, two - bands! You know that appeals to me!

After toasting and lighting I puffed in a nicely-balanced blend of the maduro big three - earth, wood, and leather. The smoke was rich and plentiful, and dry in my mouth. For the first half of the stick the flavors remained fairly constant, with an occasional hint of pepper, almost unnoticeable. I found myself thinking it was a nice, but not remarkable, cigar.

But at the halfway point rich cocoa flavors infiltrated the mix, and the peppery spice stepped up a little. Through the end of the smoke I enjoyed the rich interplay of these flavors.

All in all I didn't find it terribly complex, but it was very pleasant and interesting.

The burn was pretty good. Any slight unevenness was easily corrected by rotating the stick. It went out a couple of times when I neglected it too long - the downside to suddenly having a fun ashtray!

The light-colored ash seemed firm enough, but dropped off obediently when requested.

This is a really nice, medium-powered cigar that should appeal to a broad range of tastes.

:sing: Puff the Magic Blowfish lived in the sea; But how he smoked underwater is a mystery to me. :sing:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-02-2010, 04:08 AM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Re: Rocky Patel Fusion Double Maduro Toro

I have these in the Lancero vitola. Nice sticks...
post #3 of 4 Old 09-02-2010, 07:37 PM

Thanks for the review! Very festive table and ash tray combination you have there!

post #4 of 4 Old 09-02-2010, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca21455 View Post
Thanks for the review! Very festive table and ash tray combination you have there!
Thanks!

Ashtray review here:
https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar-...ay-2-50-a.html :biggrin1:

And the table is a recycle project - we picked up the bones at a thrift store and made the mosaic inlay.

:sing: Puff the Magic Blowfish lived in the sea; But how he smoked underwater is a mystery to me. :sing:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
double, fusion, maduro, patel, rocky, rocky patel, toro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page