A New Cigar by Rocky Patel - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 Old 11-10-2010, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
No longer a community member.

A New Cigar by Rocky Patel

Upfront, I am the new reviewer for Famous Smoke. I have 3 or 4 reviews posted. I've made it clear that I ain't no shill for Famous. I have a review coming up for a cigar that I hated and it will be posted. My reviews are funny and irreverent.
That being said, they sent me a Famous Signature Series by Rocky Patel.
For the most part, I believe their house brands are excellent. All of them made by big name manufacturers in the business.
I had never smoked this cigar until they sent it to me. And it blew me away.
If you like Pepin Garcia cigars, then this is your baby. Lots of spice and boldness and complexity. And they are brilliant right out of the cello.
Below, I posted the review part of my blog. It's the truth, I swear to God. There is no embellishments whatsoever.
I like the cigar so much, that I bought a box of Toros on cigarauctioneer.
So I am asking if any of you have tried this stick and what do you think of it?
If you would like to read the rest of the review, go to Famous Smoke and click on blogs at the top of the page and then scroll down the list until you find the review.

"The pre-light was delicious. Faint smell of cocoa and earth. Upon light up, I was struck with two tastes...black pepper in the back of my mouth and cream which tamed the pepper. And then a panoply of flavors came forth...earthiness and minerals...a tart taste of citrus backed up by the tartness of black cherry...but these tastes were faint and not overwhelming. As the second third came around the earthiness and minerals blended and wrapped around the slightly spicy taste. It urged the senses with one taste after another...and as it wound down, I could taste a little licorice or anise. I couldn't believe so many flavors would combine so nicely. I smoked it to the nub. While it started out as a full flavored, medium body smoke, it ramped up towards the end into a full flavored, full bodied smoke."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 11-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Temp Ban for Rules Violation

Re: A New Cigar by Rocky Patel

When I saw the title of this thread I was shocked - Rocky Patel coming out with a new cigar??? How could it be?

Then I read your post - I'll have to keep an eye on these. If I can grab a fiver pretty reasonably, I'll give them a try. I wouldn't mind having a spicy budget stick to put in the rotation.

:sing: Puff the Magic Blowfish lived in the sea; But how he smoked underwater is a mystery to me. :sing:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 32 Old 11-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Newbie in the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmancross View Post
Upfront, I am the new reviewer for Famous Smoke. I have 3 or 4 reviews posted. I've made it clear that I ain't no shill for Famous. I have a review coming up for a cigar that I hated and it will be posted. My reviews are funny and irreverent.
That being said, they sent me a Famous Signature Series by Rocky Patel.
For the most part, I believe their house brands are excellent. All of them made by big name manufacturers in the business.
I had never smoked this cigar until they sent it to me. And it blew me away.
If you like Pepin Garcia cigars, then this is your baby. Lots of spice and boldness and complexity. And they are brilliant right out of the cello.
Below, I posted the review part of my blog. It's the truth, I swear to God. There is no embellishments whatsoever.
I like the cigar so much, that I bought a box of Toros on cigarauctioneer.
So I am asking if any of you have tried this stick and what do you think of it?
If you would like to read the rest of the review, go to Famous Smoke and click on blogs at the top of the page and then scroll down the list until you find the review.

"The pre-light was delicious. Faint smell of cocoa and earth. Upon light up, I was struck with two tastes...black pepper in the back of my mouth and cream which tamed the pepper. And then a panoply of flavors came forth...earthiness and minerals...a tart taste of citrus backed up by the tartness of black cherry...but these tastes were faint and not overwhelming. As the second third came around the earthiness and minerals blended and wrapped around the slightly spicy taste. It urged the senses with one taste after another...and as it wound down, I could taste a little licorice or anise. I couldn't believe so many flavors would combine so nicely. I smoked it to the nub. While it started out as a full flavored, medium body smoke, it ramped up towards the end into a full flavored, full bodied smoke."
So, is it called "Famous Signature Series?"

post #4 of 32 Old 11-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Temp Ban for Rules Violation

Thre are several Famous Signature Series - this one is Famous Signature Series by Rocky Patel. I don't see them on the auctioneer right now, but they're on Famous (no duh!).

:sing: Puff the Magic Blowfish lived in the sea; But how he smoked underwater is a mystery to me. :sing:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #5 of 32 Old 11-10-2010, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
No longer a community member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needtawrite View Post
So, is it called "Famous Signature Series?"

Yes it is. You can find it on the famous smoke site
post #6 of 32 Old 11-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Up on One

A lot of people bust on Rocky for new releases, but what about Pete?
post #7 of 32 Old 11-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritones View Post
When I saw the title of this thread I was shocked - Rocky Patel coming out with a new cigar??? How could it be?
You took the words right out of my mouth.

"I don't expect a consumer to spend $15 on a cigar and have to sit on it for two years..." Jorge Padron
post #8 of 32 Old 11-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKDW View Post
You took the words right out of my mouth.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
post #9 of 32 Old 11-11-2010, 01:50 AM
Puffer With No Spikes

Now y'all need to leave my man Rocky alone.

Honestly haven't smoked anything from him that was bad. Sure there are some that are hohum..but none I've had could come close to being called a dog rocket.

I'm interested to try these. Thanks for the Review Phillip.

A lack of preparation on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part.
post #10 of 32 Old 11-11-2010, 01:56 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannensmall View Post
Now y'all need to leave my man Rocky alone.

Honestly haven't smoked anything from him that was bad. Sure there are some that are hohum..but none I've had could come close to being called a dog rocket.

I'm interested to try these. Thanks for the Review Phillip.
I actually have to agree with you. I've had the 1990, 1992, 1961, Patel Brothers, Edge, Edge Lite, Signature Series, Fusion, Fusion MM, Spring, and Autumn Collection. I have 1999 Conny and 1 or 2 others in the humi that I've yet to try. I'm glad he makes good sticks, but jeez there's a lot of them...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
cigar, famous smoke, garcia, patel, rocky, rocky patel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page