Spring 2019 Blind Pass reviews - Page 24 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 648Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #231 of 236 Old 06-18-2019, 06:48 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Nice write up @SilkyJ. Glad to see being wrong is in fashion!
Rabidawise likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #232 of 236 Old 06-18-2019, 07:56 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotchpig View Post
Nice write up @SilkyJ. Glad to see being wrong is in fashion!
Thanks, I'm going down swinging. Most of these I've been completely clueless about but I thought I had this one figured ot from the beginning. I should have known that coming from @kacey it wouldn't be that easy lol.
Dran likes this.

One great big festering neon distraction
post #233 of 236 Old 06-19-2019, 01:26 AM
HUHHH??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
Nothing's changed my mind yet. Finally in the last third and its smoking better now with much stronger flavors. Attachment 250876
It kind of reminds me of the Alpha Dawg he at the end. Another Espinosa stick so I really think I might be right this time. It's now storming so im going to wrap this up and see what it is. Attachment 250878
I don't think I could have been more wrong if I had tried lol. To start with I've never even heard of these before so I had to look it up. Second, it says this is a PA Maduro wrapper. I would have never guessed that since this is by far the lightest colored cigar you sent me. Hahaha, either way I really enjoyed it. Thanks @kacey I think I still have one left so hopefully I'll do better next time but I doubt it lol.
Great write up. You didn't have a chance with that one since it is a little esoteric..
I am glad you enjoyed it.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues." -- Abraham Lincoln

post #234 of 236 Old 06-24-2019, 05:39 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

Very nice review. Thanks.
post #235 of 236 Old 07-10-2019, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
No longer a community member.

Last one?? Just smoked "E" from @Scotchpig, and kept notes to write the review.

Pre light:
Large somewhat sloppy triple cap,leathery wrap with only small veins, and a slightly noticeable seam. The foot smells like a field of wheat and nothing notable on the cold draw. Id say its about 5.5"◊48 RG.

1st:

Easily lit and has some strong pepper on retro. As the third progresses, its becoming a more mellowed savory/umami type flavor base. Im starting to think I've partaken in this previously in a different size.

2nd:

Ash held on till about the 1/3 mark, when I tapped it off, with minimal effort. Flavors are staying pretty Consistant, though I did victimized my mouth with some serious tongue bite with a pipe yesterday, and didn't realize till I started smoking this. Im racking my brain, and I KNOW I've had this before.... But I can't place it....

3rd:

I'm gonna say DTT Umbagog, but I'm probably way off with a crippled taster!! Flavors have stayed pretty much the same, a good solid smoke, would keep these on hand for sure!

Reveal:

A CH I believe, I have one, but haven't smoked it, need to look it up to know what it is! Canada 5 - Chump 0, though I did nail some cigar compositions on the way!! Hopefully there's still a few more of these laying around!!

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk
Scotchpig and Rabidawise like this.
post #236 of 236 Old 07-10-2019, 01:18 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

CH Court Reserve
Rabidawise and Dran like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page