Pinar Del Rio Oscuro Torpedos Review - Page 2 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 Old 02-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Pinar Del Rio Cigar Co.

Re: Pinar Del Rio Oscuro Torpedos

WOW thank you my friend im glad.. Actually there's a good review in smoke on our sungrown.. check it out:
SMOKE Winter, 2008/2009 - Cigar Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mubuck View Post
I had the Sun Grown Habano Toro the other night. Great smoke, now one of my favorites. I like the Habano over the Oscuro
PINAR DEL RIO HABANO SUN GROWN Torpedo
DR Manufacturer:
Pinar del Rio Size:
6 1/2 x 52
Filler:
Nic/DR Binder:
DR Wrapper:
DR
Panelist #1 This cigar can compliment a glass of Maker's Mark over ice at the end of a grueling day at work.
9.2 EXCELLENT
Panelist #2 This stick was too spicy for me to get in to, but I think it'd be great for those who love the spice.
8.8 VERY GOOD
Panelist #3 A great smoke after a lush, heavy, and rich dinner. It helps to keep the flavors going and smooth out.
9.0 VERY GOOD
Panelist #4 I tend to like my cigars less full of spice, but this was an interesting experiment for me. I'd do it again.
8.8 VERY GOOD

===========================
All Roads Lead to Pinar Del Rio
Abraham Flores - www.pdrcigar.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 02-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Maturing Puffer Fish

Nice review from a few months back. I am glad it got bumped because it reminded me how much I like these cigars. Bought a 5'er of the PDR Oscuro robusto a few months ago. Smoked 2 of them after a bit of time and both were very nice smokes, right up my flavor profile. Unfortunately I often forget about these cigars/brand in favor of some more well known ones. This is a mistake, as I find them as good, or even better, than a number of more "celebrated" cigars that are similar characteristics. I love this smoke and have sung its praise at my local BM, but he still doesn't stock it. I would buy a box of these every few months if I could find them better with a deal. I highly recommend these smokes, for what it is worth. Thanks again. Pairs nice with some good coffee, but that is a no brainer. Have always heard good things about these mates as well.
post #13 of 15 Old 02-04-2009, 06:04 PM

I have a 5er in the humi waiting for me to try. Think I will fire one up this weekend! Thanks for the review!

post #14 of 15 Old 02-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahbass-cl View Post
WOW thank you my friend im glad.. Actually there's a good review in smoke on our sungrown.. check it out:
SMOKE Winter, 2008/2009 - Cigar Reviews

PINAR DEL RIO HABANO SUN GROWN Torpedo
DR Manufacturer:
Pinar del Rio Size:
6 1/2 x 52
Filler:
Nic/DR Binder:
DR Wrapper:
DR
Panelist #1 This cigar can compliment a glass of Maker's Mark over ice at the end of a grueling day at work.
9.2 EXCELLENT
Panelist #2 This stick was too spicy for me to get in to, but I think it'd be great for those who love the spice.
8.8 VERY GOOD
Panelist #3 A great smoke after a lush, heavy, and rich dinner. It helps to keep the flavors going and smooth out.
9.0 VERY GOOD
Panelist #4 I tend to like my cigars less full of spice, but this was an interesting experiment for me. I'd do it again.
8.8 VERY GOOD
Great reviews, I could not agree more. I enjoyed mine with a glass of Weller Antique over ice.
post #15 of 15 Old 02-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Pinar Del Rio Cigar Co.

Sweet...

===========================
All Roads Lead to Pinar Del Rio
Abraham Flores - www.pdrcigar.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
del, oscuro, pinar, review, rio, torpedos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page