Re: home brew/distilling

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalJaybird View Post
not to mention a lot of us from this forum hang out over there as well
Yep.
post #13 of 15 Old 12-30-2014, 02:13 AM
Young Puffer Fish

I've made one homebrew: Irish Stout and it was a great experience and had great flavor-didn't last long!

I've never distilled, but had a neighbor who moonshined in his apartment across the hall from us up in ND. I thought it tasted terrible but my roommate drank it with lemonade!

post #14 of 15 Old 01-10-2015, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
Full grown Puffer Fish

Totally forgot about this thread because I didn't get any notifications for some reason...thanks a ton for the replies. I'll be reading a bunch on home distiller (thanks for that awesome link, tons of info) and Thanose to Jay for making sure I was informed of the legal status. I am completely aware of its legality and have absolutely no intention to sell. I want to make real quality spirits, not some quickie moonshine that's 150 proof that's only meant to get you plastered...though might have to try it...for scientific reasons of course

I think I'm looking at a small pot still. I want to use copper which won't be cheap but it will be worth it I think. I appreciate any more tips or info anyone might have and if anyone knows where I could aquire certain parts or pre-fab pieces I'd be much obliged.
Thanks again.

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
-Bertrand Russell :pipe: :beerchug:
post #15 of 15 Old 01-10-2015, 02:05 AM
Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandonColby View Post
Totally forgot about this thread because I didn't get any notifications for some reason...thanks a ton for the replies. I'll be reading a bunch on home distiller (thanks for that awesome link, tons of info) and Thanose to Jay for making sure I was informed of the legal status. I am completely aware of its legality and have absolutely no intention to sell. I want to make real quality spirits, not some quickie moonshine that's 150 proof that's only meant to get you plastered...though might have to try it...for scientific reasons of course

I think I'm looking at a small pot still. I want to use copper which won't be cheap but it will be worth it I think. I appreciate any more tips or info anyone might have and if anyone knows where I could aquire certain parts or pre-fab pieces I'd be much obliged.
Thanks again.
Let me know what you are looking into. I can help with 411 and a whole bunch of parts as well. IF you have never made anything let me give you a few links to 1 of the stills we sell and truth be told it is a really good machine. The DIY guys will poo poo it but I would set it up against any still out there for simplicity, quality of build, and quality of spirit it can produce in a single pass. Look around and feel free to PM me any questions you might want to ask kind of hush hush..

Still - Still Spirits Turbo 500 - Boiler NorCal Brewing Solutions

Still - Still Spirits Turbo 500 - Condensor NorCal Brewing Solutions

That is the boiler, reflux tower and condenser.....

There are a BUNCH of things you are going to want to know before you get started. Fell free to ask away.

Not sure where in CA you are but my store is in Redding, 2.5 hours north of Sac straight up the 5

Cheers
Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page