Iced Tea Enthusiasts? - Page 2 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 36 Old 12-05-2014, 05:20 PM
Young Puffer Fish

Re: Iced Tea Enthusiasts?

they have a novice tea kit for 3 dollars only. This gives you a chance to sample some good japanese teas. 3 dollars covers the whole thing. check it out here. NEW TO DEN'S TEA : Den's Tea, Den's Tea shopping
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 Old 12-05-2014, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantpartaker View Post
they have a novice tea kit for 3 dollars only. This gives you a chance to sample some good japanese teas. 3 dollars covers the whole thing. check it out here. NEW TO DEN'S TEA : Den's Tea, Den's Tea shopping
Thanks! I just ordered that.
post #13 of 36 Old 12-05-2014, 06:38 PM
Young Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by haebar View Post
Thanks! I just ordered that.
Glad to hear!! Hopefully you enjoy them as much as I do!!

post #14 of 36 Old 12-05-2014, 09:16 PM
Disinterested

The Brits converted me to Twinnings when I was living there. Not the easiest to find, but it's out there and very worth the hunt.
post #15 of 36 Old 12-07-2014, 06:56 PM
Young Puffer Fish

I'm a regular tea enthusiant. I love my teavanna tea, but when I don't want to go through the rigamarole of enjoying that fine tea, I have tea that I buy from a chinese import store that's near my hometown, 100 bags of chinese green tea for $2.00. It's actually not bad tea at all!
post #16 of 36 Old 12-07-2014, 10:44 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

I just use regular store brand orange pekoe I think it is. I also alternate with Bromley Green Tea (because that is what my local grocery sells). Whichever I use, I throw 4 bags in 2 quarts of water and stick it in the fridge over night and then sweeten it. An advantage I have over many is that I use pure, unfiltered, untrated well water.
post #17 of 36 Old 12-08-2014, 03:03 AM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Being from the south I grew up on sweet tea. Never was much for it hot. Ive tried many over the years and always end up back to Lipton. I would give luzianne a close second but it tends to cloud. You wont catch me touching the nasty bottled crap like Arizona or any other brand. That stuff doesn't deserve to be labeled as tea. I make it by the gallon with 8 bags and use precisely 1 standard coffee cup full of sugar per gallon. One thing I do that a lot are not privy to is to get rid of the acidity. I start with 2 quarts cold filtered water on a stove top with the tea bags put in cold. Turn on the heat and just as it comes to a boil I turn off the heat and put in 1/2 tsp of baking soda. This causes it to fizz up pretty good and the bags to swell. I leave it sit for 5 minutes then pour it into the gallon pitcher adding cold water slowly while stirring until the gallon pitcher is full. Its actually best the next day after resting in the fridge overnight.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein
post #18 of 36 Old 12-08-2014, 09:18 PM
www. cigar bum .com

Best iced tea (warning, unsweetened - I'm borderline diabetic so "sweet tea" is out of the question):
Fill up a 6 quart pot with water to a couple inches from the top and boil.
Take off heat and put in 11 regular Red Rose tea bags (don't use Lipton, in fact, take your Lipton outside and burn it)
Leave them in for 3 minutes, then squeeze out and remove (I use a slotted spoon and a regular spoon for this)
Meanwhile, prepare 1 large cup of Persian tea, and add that in. If you don't have Persian tea, substitute Earl Gray, any brand besides Lipton.
Add ice until the water level is just below the top of the pot, and let it cool off.
Once it's close to room temperature, add a quarter cup of lemon juice (don't add LJ when the tea is hot; I don't know why but this messes up the color and weakens the flavor).
Decant into pitchers or other containers you can put in the fridge - I use empty liter water bottles.
Refrigerate and enjoy! I go thru about a batch a week of this stuff (not a coffee drinker).
post #19 of 36 Old 12-08-2014, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruck View Post
Best iced tea (warning, unsweetened - I'm borderline diabetic so "sweet tea" is out of the question):
Fill up a 6 quart pot with water to a couple inches from the top and boil.
Take off heat and put in 11 regular Red Rose tea bags (don't use Lipton, in fact, take your Lipton outside and burn it)
Leave them in for 3 minutes, then squeeze out and remove (I use a slotted spoon and a regular spoon for this)
Meanwhile, prepare 1 large cup of Persian tea, and add that in. If you don't have Persian tea, substitute Earl Gray, any brand besides Lipton.
Add ice until the water level is just below the top of the pot, and let it cool off.
Once it's close to room temperature, add a quarter cup of lemon juice (don't add LJ when the tea is hot; I don't know why but this messes up the color and weakens the flavor).
Decant into pitchers or other containers you can put in the fridge - I use empty liter water bottles.
Refrigerate and enjoy! I go thru about a batch a week of this stuff (not a coffee drinker).
That sounds good, Bruce. Where do you buy Red Rose tea? I've never heard of it.
post #20 of 36 Old 12-08-2014, 09:44 PM
www. cigar bum .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by haebar View Post
That sounds good, Bruce. Where do you buy Red Rose tea? I've never heard of it.
It's a pretty generic brand, cheap too; you can usually find it in the tea/coffee section of the grocery store. If yours doesn't carry it, I know Amazon dot com does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page