Iced Tea Enthusiasts? - Page 3 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 36 Old 12-08-2014, 11:34 PM
Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Re: Iced Tea Enthusiasts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruck View Post
Best iced tea (warning, unsweetened - I'm borderline diabetic so "sweet tea" is out of the question):
Fill up a 6 quart pot with water to a couple inches from the top and boil.
Take off heat and put in 11 regular Red Rose tea bags (don't use Lipton, in fact, take your Lipton outside and burn it)
Leave them in for 3 minutes, then squeeze out and remove (I use a slotted spoon and a regular spoon for this)
Meanwhile, prepare 1 large cup of Persian tea, and add that in. If you don't have Persian tea, substitute Earl Gray, any brand besides Lipton.
Add ice until the water level is just below the top of the pot, and let it cool off.
Once it's close to room temperature, add a quarter cup of lemon juice (don't add LJ when the tea is hot; I don't know why but this messes up the color and weakens the flavor).
Decant into pitchers or other containers you can put in the fridge - I use empty liter water bottles.
Refrigerate and enjoy! I go thru about a batch a week of this stuff (not a coffee drinker).
Sounds like a nice recipe to try.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 Old 12-08-2014, 11:53 PM
Leading Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruck View Post
Best iced tea (warning, unsweetened - I'm borderline diabetic so "sweet tea" is out of the question):
Fill up a 6 quart pot with water to a couple inches from the top and boil.
Take off heat and put in 11 regular Red Rose tea bags (don't use Lipton, in fact, take your Lipton outside and burn it)
Leave them in for 3 minutes, then squeeze out and remove (I use a slotted spoon and a regular spoon for this)
Meanwhile, prepare 1 large cup of Persian tea, and add that in. If you don't have Persian tea, substitute Earl Gray, any brand besides Lipton.
Add ice until the water level is just below the top of the pot, and let it cool off.
Once it's close to room temperature, add a quarter cup of lemon juice (don't add LJ when the tea is hot; I don't know why but this messes up the color and weakens the flavor).
Decant into pitchers or other containers you can put in the fridge - I use empty liter water bottles.
Refrigerate and enjoy! I go thru about a batch a week of this stuff (not a coffee drinker).
Im going to have to try this as well. I was a big Lipton Pure Leaf, Sweet Tea drinker. My Doctor put the kibosh on that on that a couple weeks ago. The sugar content in them is worse than Mountain Dew. So it's been a lot of water for me lately. This sounds pretty good. Will have to print your recipe.

Thanks for sharing.
post #23 of 36 Old 12-21-2014, 09:03 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

We drink iced tea as our primary cold beverage.

We use the Mr. Tea iced tea maker ($20 @ Target) + Lipton tea bags. Or if you like flavored but not sweet iced tea we like the ginger peach black tea bags from republic of tea.

post #24 of 36 Old 12-21-2014, 10:51 PM
Young Puffer Fish

Luzianne, and toss a Bigelo Earl Grey bag in it for ~ 3 minutes for flavor.
post #25 of 36 Old 12-21-2014, 11:10 PM
Puffer Fish with some spikes

Not my usual section but I saw this thread pop up on the new post Link and couldn't help to chime in. I like bigelow green tea hot sometimes with a bit of honey. Used to have Sun brewed iced tea with fresh mint leaves in it - absolutely delicious to me anyways.
post #26 of 36 Old 12-21-2014, 11:31 PM
JIK
Maturing Puffer Fish

I love iced tea! That is all....
post #27 of 36 Old 12-31-2014, 05:12 PM
Young Fish

me also
post #28 of 36 Old 12-31-2014, 05:13 PM
Young Fish

i mean the ice tea
post #29 of 36 Old 12-31-2014, 07:48 PM
www. cigar bum .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackmyer View Post
Im going to have to try this as well. I was a big Lipton Pure Leaf, Sweet Tea drinker. My Doctor put the kibosh on that on that a couple weeks ago. The sugar content in them is worse than Mountain Dew. So it's been a lot of water for me lately. This sounds pretty good. Will have to print your recipe.

Thanks for sharing.
Hope you like! I drink about a quart a day of the stuff. You'll get used to, and probably appreciate the non-sweetness of it.

I'm in the same boat - have to watch my sugar/carb intake. Once I was at the home of a couple, the female half of which was a Southern Belle. She made me a cup of tea and asked how much sugar I take in it.
"None, thanks," I replied.
"Gross!" she said
post #30 of 36 Old 01-14-2015, 12:06 PM
Full grown Puffer Fish

If you are looking for loose leaf tea and a wide selection, I can recommend Adagio dot com. Great leaf over there and I think they sell empty bags that you can put your own blend/amount of tea in if you want to make iced tea.

And for the best sweet tea you've ever had, steep some corn or malt, add your sugar, a little yeast, and run it through a still... add ice add enjoy

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
-Bertrand Russell :pipe: :beerchug:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page