Any hockey fans? - Page 5 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 67 Old 01-25-2015, 04:37 AM
Young Puffer Fish

Re: Any hockey fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtechva View Post
Canes and Blackhawks fan. The Canes because I'm originally from North Carolina and they are the closest to where I live now. The Blackhawks because I bought a hat my first trip to Chicago and they have the baddest jerseys in the league.

Edit:I almost sound like a woman, "I'm pulling for that team because they have the prettiest uniforms".
Could be worse, my wife decides what team she wants to win each game based on who has "the cutest captain"! :eek:

I intend to live forever. So far, so good. - Steven Wright
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 67 Old 01-25-2015, 11:14 PM
Light it if ya got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Big Ashes View Post
I'm a huge Martin Brodeur fan.
I hope things work out with the blues to allow him to get to 700 wins he really deserves it!
post #43 of 67 Old 01-25-2015, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Young Puffer Fish

I agree I like Brodouer also. Was at a pens game 1 night and actually saw him get lite up and pulled! Though I like him just not against the Pens cause he gives them headaches.

post #44 of 67 Old 01-26-2015, 01:09 AM
Removed per request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckysaturn13 View Post
I hope things work out with the blues to allow him to get to 700 wins he really deserves it!
That's nice of you to say that. I agree he really does deserve it. Love for the game; that's why he's still playing and not lying on a beach somewhere.
post #45 of 67 Old 01-26-2015, 11:33 AM
Light it if ya got it!

Quote:
That's nice of you to say that. I agree he really does deserve it. Love for the game; that's why he's still playing and not lying on a beach somewhere.
Yea it was a shame that allen just happened to wind up needing wavers to go back down when Elliot got hurt. He needed just a bit more time to develop before being a #1 contender. He was thrown into the fire with that situation. If he could have went down w o having to clear wavers brodur would of had more of an opportunity. We watched Elliot at a Chicago wolves game when we went to Chicago last year. We had a really fun time. Sat front row for 50 a tic
post #46 of 67 Old 01-26-2015, 04:46 PM
Removed per request

Quote:
Yea it was a shame that allen just happened to wind up needing wavers to go back down when Elliot got hurt. He needed just a bit more time to develop before being a #1 contender. He was thrown into the fire with that situation. If he could have went down w o having to clear wavers brodur would of had more of an opportunity. We watched Elliot at a Chicago wolves game when we went to Chicago last year. We had a really fun time. Sat front row for 50 a tic
Awesome, sounds like a good time. Love Chicago, been there once. We stayed within walking distance of the House of Blues and the Navy Pier. Did you get a chance to eat at Weber Grill?
post #47 of 67 Old 01-27-2015, 05:13 PM
Light it if ya got it!

Quote:
Awesome, sounds like a good time. Love Chicago, been there once. We stayed within walking distance of the House of Blues and the Navy Pier. Did you get a chance to eat at Weber Grill?
Navy pier was awesome they had a tiffany stained glass exhibit. I never knew glass could be so amazing!
Brodeur just announced retirement ! Going to blues front office the rest of season then to the devis

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...183917809.html

Brodeur holds his share of them, and now that his career is over the discussions about his legacy can finally return their focus to those accomplishments. Among them:
The all-time leader in NHL wins by a goalie with 691.
The all-time leader in NHL shutouts: 125
The all-time leader in games played for a goalie (1,266) and saves (28,92.
Three Stanley Cup championships and five conference titles.
Two Olympic gold medals.
The distinction of being perhaps the best stick-handling goalie in hockey history, to the point where they invented a new rule (the trapezoid) to combat his skills set. Oh, and he’s the only goalie in NHL history to score a game-winning goal, one of his three career goals
post #48 of 67 Old 01-27-2015, 05:33 PM
Removed per request

Quote:
Navy pier was awesome they had a tiffany stained glass exhibit. I never knew glass could be so amazing!
Brodeur just announced retirement ! Going to blues front office the rest of season then to the devis

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...183917809.html

Brodeur holds his share of them, and now that his career is over the discussions about his legacy can finally return their focus to those accomplishments. Among them:
The all-time leader in NHL wins by a goalie with 691.
The all-time leader in NHL shutouts: 125
The all-time leader in games played for a goalie (1,266) and saves (28,92.
Three Stanley Cup championships and five conference titles.
Two Olympic gold medals.
The distinction of being perhaps the best stick-handling goalie in hockey history, to the point where they invented a new rule (the trapezoid) to combat his skills set. Oh, and he’s the only goalie in NHL history to score a game-winning goal, one of his three career goals
Yup that's Marty for you. Definitely surpassed Patrick Roy's feats, to where they will now compare all the best current goalies to Brodeur. Most of Marty's career he seemed always in Roy's shadow, so now and probably since that win/shutout record he's in a class all by himself for sure. Can't wait till his final one game contract with the Devils and for the retiring of his #30 .

BUMP FOR YOU for being a good sport
post #49 of 67 Old 01-27-2015, 05:37 PM
Light it if ya got it!

I still cant believe he scored a game winning goal. That's just nutz!
post #50 of 67 Old 01-27-2015, 06:03 PM
Removed per request

Quote:
I still cant believe he scored a game winning goal. That's just nutz!
Its even crazier seeing his passing ability in person. I'm not sure if you were ever privileged seeing him play live, but I've been to many games over the years. My first was the most memorable. I was in 6th grade and my mom (who co-started the first major women's travelling league in NJ, she was a Goalie) surprised me with tickets for the following night. That next day came around and I woke up with a high fever and was throwing up almost constantly. I somehow hid it from her that I was sick, went to school that day, excused myself every time I felt sick. I finally made it to my last class of the day, then fainted on my desk for 10 minutes, woke up and puked all over my best friend sitting next to me LOL. To say the least I didn't get to go to the game that night, but that shows how much of a fan I was of Brodeur. My mom got tickets for the next home game. Devils vs Maple Leafs (her favorite goalie was Felix Potvin). I played 11 years myself for travelling teams (guess which position I played haha)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page