Any guitar players up in here? :D - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 Old 10-27-2019, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Puffer Fish with some spikes

Cool Any guitar players up in here? :D

Just curious. I've played roughly 32 years. Have had many guitars!
If anyone wants to post on this thread, I'll tell you about some of my guitars.

Just when think that you've been gyped
the bearded lady comes and does a double back flip!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 10-27-2019, 12:18 AM
AKA Vader Clause

@Alrightdriver is a guitar guy, he may chime in here with a ping

“I have you now” - Vader
Prozac likes this.

I am not dying until I am damn good and ready.
post #3 of 33 Old 10-27-2019, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Oh cool, thanks for the tip!

post #4 of 33 Old 10-27-2019, 01:19 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtAv8tor View Post
@Alrightdriver is a guitar guy, he may chime in here with a ping

“I have you now” - Vader
You rang?

I am a guitar guy, but also music instruments in general. Recently been playing drums again for the first time in a touch over a decade, and got a tele from the 90's not to long ago. Been trying to get all the instruments I can play anything on so I can write and record stuff at home.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
JtAv8tor, jmt8706 and Prozac like this.
post #5 of 33 Old 10-27-2019, 02:05 AM
Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

I have a Schecter electric and a Dean bass.
Prozac likes this.

"Kerosene is fuel Brian, Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull." ~ Peter Griffin
post #6 of 33 Old 10-27-2019, 02:51 AM Thread Starter

Well I've owned 13 guitars but sadly none now. I sold 3 Strats (one I really wish I wouldn't have) but you know how that goes. I had 2 Les Pauls, 2 Teles, 2 Fender Basses, several acoustic guitars, 1 12 String, 1 adorable Classical Guitar (could kill myself for selling that one too) 1 Ibanez, I Ibanez Joe Satriani signature model, 1 Charvel Number 3, but my best guitar was one I had custom built by a small builder in Mobile Alabama, called Fritz Brothers Guitars. It was a hybrid Tele/Strat. He builds for the famous players like Aerosmith, George Harrison, Roy Buchanan and on and on.

Maybe tomorrow I'll tell you why I walked from it all. I really miss it now. Haven't played for real since 2007. I might pick up a used Strat soon ----- I hope so

Oops I forgot to tell you, I had various recording gear too. I mainly played, rhythm guitar, lead guitar, and bass. I have about 15 pieces of guitar music I made into mp3s, but I don't know if I'm allowed to upload them hear, otherwise I would.
zcziggy likes this.

post #7 of 33 Old 10-27-2019, 08:52 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

I’m a has been, don’t play much anymore. My wife is Portuguese, on her side of the family is a guy named Nuno Bettencourt; Even today he’s still amazing.
s1n3 n0m1n3, jmt8706 and Prozac like this.

US Army Veteran 1974-1985
post #8 of 33 Old 10-27-2019, 09:43 AM
Cheap and Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
Oops I forgot to tell you, I had various recording gear too. I mainly played, rhythm guitar, lead guitar, and bass. I have about 15 pieces of guitar music I made into mp3s, but I don't know if I'm allowed to upload them hear, otherwise I would.
I don't see why you couldn't share your music. We all share our other passions, things we build and create, and our stories.

Sounds like you had a killer collection. My two piece collection is also long gone. I had a 70's Gibson bass tagged "The Ripper" back in high school, then bought a Yamaha acoustic guitar to teach myself. When I was 15 we used to get into a little dive club in Youngstown, Ohio called Cedars to watch local bands. Really safe place if anyone's familiar with Youngstown in the early 90's..... One of the favorites we used to see, I ended up playing bass for my senior year thanks to a friend who was originally taking the spot bowing out. We did some studio stuff, but never played live. For a high school kid, getting to play with guys you watched on stage in a packed house it was "living the dream".
Playing again has been on my mind a lot lately. It's been so long though that I fear muscle memory has even forgot.

Sent from the lost and found looking for my mind.
Alrightdriver and jmt8706 like this.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.”
-Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by poppajon75; 10-27-2019 at 07:44 PM.
post #9 of 33 Old 10-27-2019, 11:15 AM
Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppajon75 View Post
I don't see why you couldn't share your music. We all share our other passions, things we build and create, and out stories.

Sounds like you had a killer collection. My two piece collection is also long gone. I had a 70's Gibson bass tagged "The Ripper" back in high school, then bought a Yamaha acoustic guitar to teach myself. When I was 15 we used to get into a little dive club in Youngstown, Ohio called Cedars to watch local bands. Really safe place if anyone's familiar with Youngstown in the early 90's..... One of the favorites we used to see, I ended up playing bass for my senior year thanks to a friend who was originally taking the spot bowing out. We did some studio stuff, but never played live. For a high school kid, getting to play with guys you watched on stage in a packed house it was "living the dream".
Playing again has been on my mind a lot lately. It's been so long though that I fear muscle memory has even forgot.

I don't get jealous often... but a Gibson ripper? I've always wanted one and never found one I could afford. Ever since watching the last waltz and finally figuring out what type of bass danco was playing.

post #10 of 33 Old 10-27-2019, 11:29 AM
Cheap and Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrightdriver View Post
I don't get jealous often... but a Gibson ripper? I've always wanted one and never found one I could afford. Ever since watching the last waltz and finally figuring out what type of bass danco was playing.

I knew nothing of its value back then. $300 pawn shop find. Wasn't mint, but it didn't need to be. If only I still had it. That and the '75 Malibu Classic 2 door with front bucket captain's seats, console shifter, and 400 c.i. small block engine..... I've had a few cool things in my time before I was at a point to really appreciate what I had. Even that $125 Yamaha acoustic was probably more than I could truly appreciate. I remember changing the strings shortly after getting it and the way the sound became so entrancing. Martin mediums if I recall correctly.
Man, I really wanna pick music back up now....

Alrightdriver and zcziggy like this.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.”
-Abraham Lincoln
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page