Ask a Pipe Guy - Page 161 - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1601 of 1601 Old 11-19-2019, 08:21 AM
Retired Chaos Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adarus21 View Post
Ok so I have not smoked a pipe before and am looking into trying it. I watched a tutorial on youtube a year or so ago and noticed the guy doing something that i havent read anyone mention yet. I saw him covering the bowl of the pipe with his fingers a bit while he was taking a puff. Was that to restrict the amount of air entering the pipe or is there something else at play with that?
Yeah, it restricts the amount of air and increases the speed of the air hitting the cherry, you do the same thing with a tamper. If you’re ember is starting to die out this can help get it going again. You want to be careful because this can overheat a bowl quickly, with a tamper you can also control the direction of the ember as well as the size of it.
Piper, UBC03, JohnBrody15 and 1 others like this.

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
guy, pipe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page