Gurgle - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 12-12-2017, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Full grown Puffer Fish

Gurgle

Alright, Iíve looked all through this forum and havenít found an answer. Maybe Iím just blind. Iím about a week in to this whole pipe smoking scene and will admit that I enjoy it quite a bit. Iíve smoked one or two bowls every day just because I wanted to start to get some technique down. Iíve got the hang of getting it lit and keeping it lit, Iíve figured out a draw that I enjoy that gives me the level of flavor that I like, and I have to say that I love the fact that if I need to take a break I can let it go out and not have to worry about ruining it by relighting it (cigars can be quite a commitment). But Iím running into one thing that I have a question about, sometimes while Iím smoking Iíll start to get a gurgle from the pipe and I canít figure out why. Is it even a bad thing? Is it normal? I make sure to clean the pipes after every smoke. Iíve watched videos on YouTube to make sure Iím not doing anything wrong. Any hints?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 12-12-2017, 11:40 PM
Dark Lord

I have noticed the same thing since starting into pipes and if I had to guess its moisture collecting in the bottom of the bowl.

Maybe some of the experienced pipers can chime in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am not dying until I am damn good and ready.
post #3 of 15 Old 12-13-2017, 12:05 AM
CAT WRANGLER

I'm a clencher, so spit accumulates at the bottom. Pipe cleaner ruin through the stem mid smoke..problem solved.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
MattT and Hickorynut like this.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin

post #4 of 15 Old 12-13-2017, 12:13 AM
Retired Chaos Designer

Are you smoking aros? A lot of aromatics will smoke wet regardless of how you prep it. J.T. is correct it is condensation,itís typically a sign of overly moist tobacco, it will also happen if your smoking to hot or the bowl might be packed to tight, maybe try drying your tobacco a bit more and slow down your cadence.
Hickorynut likes this.

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
post #5 of 15 Old 12-13-2017, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneStrangeOne View Post
Are you smoking aros? A lot of aromatics will smoke wet regardless of how you prep it. J.T. is correct it is condensation,itís typically a sign of overly moist tobacco, it will also happen if your smoking to hot or the bowl might be packed to tight, maybe try drying your tobacco a bit more and slow down your cadence.

Havenít tried and aromatic yet, just VaPers. I set the tobacco out about an hour before I wanna smoke to let it dry. Should I let it sit longer? Iíll try slowing down a bit. The gurgle doesnít seem to mess the smoking up at all, itís just an obnoxious noise.

post #6 of 15 Old 12-13-2017, 12:37 AM
Retired Chaos Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchpunk View Post
Havenít tried and aromatic yet, just VaPers. I set the tobacco out about an hour before I wanna smoke to let it dry. Should I let it sit longer? Iíll try slowing down a bit. The gurgle doesnít seem to mess the smoking up at all, itís just an obnoxious noise.

How long it takes to dry just depends on how wet it is to start with and the room humidity, if itís burning right and not hot itís probably okay. The cooler you can smoke the more flavor you will get so I almost always suggest slowing down. If the engineering of the chamber or the draft is off a bit it can also cause a gurgle. Like Dino suggested run a cleaner thru mid smoke to dry it out. Sometimes if you can get some cake to build in the bottom of the chamber that will help. Itís not uncommon for a new pipe to gurgle for a while most will quit once they start to break in.
Matt_21 and Hickorynut like this.

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
post #7 of 15 Old 12-13-2017, 12:53 AM
Dark Lord

Hot dog I guessed right

Hickorynut likes this.

post #8 of 15 Old 12-13-2017, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtAv8tor View Post
Hot dog I guessed right

Is a Sith Lord ever wrong?

post #9 of 15 Old 12-13-2017, 01:25 AM
Alpha Puffer Fish

The more you smoke, the more all these tips will make sense, and you're smoking behavior will evolve. Definitely keep a pipe cleaner with you and run it down the stem if things start getting gurgley.
post #10 of 15 Old 12-13-2017, 08:47 AM
Dark Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchpunk View Post
Is a Sith Lord ever wrong?

Depends on who you ask.. xwife yep I am a moron.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page