• 3 Post By UBC03
  • 1 Post By lin
  • 1 Post By greasemonger

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-19-2018, 05:37 AM Thread Starter
lin
Young Fish

Question about the Breath Method

Hi folks. My question is:When breathing through the nose with mouth closed around the stem are you also meant to block smoke coming through the stem opening into your mouth? i.e. are you blocking the smoke with your tongue against the stem opening or whatever. Or does the smoke naturally make its way into your mouth as you breathe in through your nose? (I find with breathing through the nose only, smoke enters my mouth through the stem opening).. I hope this makes sense
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-19-2018, 07:43 AM
Retired Chaos Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lin View Post
Hi folks. My question is:When breathing through the nose with mouth closed around the stem are you also meant to block smoke coming through the stem opening into your mouth? i.e. are you blocking the smoke with your tongue against the stem opening or whatever. Or does the smoke naturally make its way into your mouth as you breathe in through your nose? (I find with breathing through the nose only, smoke enters my mouth through the stem opening).. I hope this makes sense
Hi Lin, let the smoke naturally fill your mouth, I usually will take three breaths then blow the smoke out or retrohale it.
Bigjohn likes this.

If I see a stick that made a noob nic sick,I put it on my list as a must try. (UBC03)
post #3 of 7 Old 07-19-2018, 08:48 AM
H.R. Pufnstuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneStrangeOne View Post
Hi Lin, let the smoke naturally fill your mouth, I usually will take three breaths then blow the smoke out or retrohale it.
Yep...it'll also help you keep the pipe cooler.....

Sent from the Stoopid Factory HR Dept....
Matt_21 likes this.

....that's almost like flying on a plane with one wing. ~Cigary

post #4 of 7 Old 07-19-2018, 10:40 AM
CAT WRANGLER

Mutton chops had a how to video.. It was clear enough that I understood it..lol

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- - - George Carlin
post #5 of 7 Old 07-19-2018, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
lin
Young Fish

Thank you all. I suspected that I should let the smoke fill my mouth. And yes I think the smoke is cooler. I watched Muttonchop's video. That's where I learnt about it.. I just wasn't quite sure what happened between nose inhale and the mouth. anyway...lots more occasions to practice.. Cheers
Alrightdriver likes this.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-19-2018, 10:16 PM
Alpha Puffer Fish

Funny. I watched the video, and guess I never realized I had been doing it all along. I rarely have an issue with tounge bite. Now that I think of it, I'm used to clenching the mouthpiece, especially walking around the yard, hence the softy tips on every pipe. Didn't know the technique had a proper name, but its great advice.
OneStrangeOne likes this.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-10-2019, 01:19 PM
Newbie in the ocean

I saw the MuttinChops video as well. I had been doing this for certain pipes, but certainly not consistently (nor with knowledge). Noticed he has several vids that touch on the 'Breathing Method', very informative.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Puff Cigar Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page